X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stev
    • Sep 2005

RSX 1056 and 1070 or 1080 ?

I already have the 1056 and was decided on getting the 1070 to improve the 2ch SQ over the 1080 due to the posted problems with the 1080 - dont seem to exist with the 1070. My mains are 4 ohm nominal load. Question is given that the RSX 1056 is 100w in 2ch will the 1070's extra 30w be noticeable ? Or is a power amp - even with similar output specs - in a totally different class to an AVR internal amp ?

Steve
  • lvhung
    • Jun 2005

If you don't scare of 1080 fuses :Z
    1080 is better than 1070 if you use more hard to drive
    If you use the BW speakers, 1070 is quite good :T
    extra watt is useful but it is depend on the speakers your use

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

While adding either amp should improve performance, I would really try to demo them in your system. The reason I say this is that a couple of people on this forum have done this and reported no significant difference in sound while others have found a clear improvement.

IMO, this is speaker and setup dependent and also depends on your listening habits. Best to try and be sure. And yes, I would give the 1070 a good look rather than assuming you need the 1080. If these don't make a difference you can always wait a bit and see what else Rotel comes out with in switching amps.

Do us a favor and keep us posted as to your findings.

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

I'm very interested in your findings too (RB1070 vs RB1080), keep us posted!
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

The increase in power into two channels for the 1070 over the 1056 is marginal at best. I would get the 1080 if you expect an audible improvement. If you have a good dealer, he should agree to allow you to return the 1080 if it is defective. IMO I see no substantive benefit for getting the 1070.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"