X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

Adding an RB-1080 to RSX-1056 for stereo only

I'm thinking of adding an RB-1080 to my setup and using this to drive a pair of speakers exclusively for stereo. The RSX-1056 will still power my existing 5.1 speaker system.

How do I connect the RB-1080 up to the RSX-1056 to enable this? I've had a quick scan of the manual for the RSX-1056 but I'm not clear on whether to use the pre-outs or the zone 2.

Thanks
    Dave
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

Why would you want to do this? The 1080 would be a welcome addition to movies as well as stereo music and would take pressure off your receiver and let it concentrate on the center and surrounds. You simply would take a pair of interconnects to the preamp outs of the 1056 for the front left and right speakers to get this done for stereo and movies. I have the same setup and the 1080 made a nice improvement by driving my Martin Logan Aerius i speakers (soon to be Vanatages!)

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

Adding a RB-1080 to your system is an excellent idea. Actually the rsx-1056 is fully prepared for this. Just use the front pre-out to connect to your RB-1080. Especially in Stereo, only if you have the right speakers, the updrage will be significant.

If you do so, you have the 2 front amps in the RSX-1056 unused. With the "redirect" funcion, you can reroute the internal front amps to the rear, creating a 6.1/7.1 setup.
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The issue is he sounds like he wants to have a 5.1 system in addition to a stereo system. If that's the case, use the zone 2 outputs. There's no way to easily turn off the amps in the 1056 and alternate between two sets of speakers.

Kevin D.

Comment

• fordster
          • Feb 2005

Thanks Kebvin, that's exactly what I want to do. The 5.1 speakers and the stereo speakers will be in the same room. If use the zone 2 outputs will the 5.1 speakers still be putting out the sound at the same time?
          Dave

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by fordster
            Thanks Kebvin, that's exactly what I want to do. The 5.1 speakers and the stereo speakers will be in the same room. If use the zone 2 outputs will the 5.1 speakers still be putting out the sound at the same time?
            Yes, but the two zones have indepedent power and volume. So you could either turn zone 1 down or off.

Kevin D.

Comment

• fordster
              • Feb 2005

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"