Rotel 1095, Treble and Klipsch Speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rushisrighton
    • Oct 2005

Rotel 1095, Treble and Klipsch Speakers?

Aussie Geoff has split this out from the 7 Channel 1097 Thread as it deserves separate answers....

I really appreciate the answers from you guys so far.

I keep hearing that the rotel amps are soft on the top end, not very detailed in the highs. I'm sure that no matter what people are talking about they have to bring up some negatives on something but is there much truth to this? Alot of people say Klipsch speakers are bright and harsh but I have NEVER thought this way I have always loved the sounds of the horn tweaters.

I am this close to buying the RMB-1095 but I'm afraid this amp will take away from what I like in the highs of my speakers from what I am hearing, Do you guys think I should give much validation to this?

Also I just had a poster say that there is no benefit to the balanced input on the 1095 as it doesn't process it as a balanced signal anyway (huh?) and that other amplifiers do. So if you guys can clear this up for me I would sure appreciate it.
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 16 October 2005, 02:02 Sunday.
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

As a long time Klipsch owner and a 3 year Rotel owner let me say this about some of your comments.

Klipsch tend to be hot on the top end (bright if you prefer that terminology) and can be harsh in the wrong room (lots of glass, hardwood floors, etc). The RF7 in peticular have a slight ringing around 3Khz (which can be smoothed out by changing one resistor in the x-over).

Rotel amps have a slightly rounded top end, but definitly don't lack detail on the top end as would say a Parasound Halo amp or a Denon receiver. The top end with my prievious Rb 1080 ( considered by many as a 2 channel 1095) was very open and transparent, indicating good response with no loss of detail.

I owned RF3s before my RF7s and ran them with a Denon 3801 receiver which had a slight mid-forward sonic signature. I currently have RB 25s in my master bedroom, the Rb 35 has the same basic tweeter/squaker design as your RF3s (albiet one generation newer) and I run it with a Panasonic digital receiver. This leads me to conclude that the RF3s would have benifited from the sonic characteristics of the new RMB1077 I now own to drive my 7 series. I think the 1095 would also be an excellent choice, I just prefer being "state of the art".
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

What resistor would that be Jerry?

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by soundhound
        What resistor would that be Jerry?
        I don't know the specifics, the work was done for me by DeanG over at the Klipsch 2 channel forum. I'm sure he'll pass that information on to you.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• rushisrighton
          • Oct 2005

Couldn't have asked for a better answer, thanks Jerry! It's Good to know that you are useing Klipsch speakers also.

Comment

• FENDEBENDER
            • Sep 2005

I have the rf 7's and 1095 amp.

In my enviroment they roll of the highs maybe a little too much but i believe that's my personal opinion and it could be different with you depending on dvd player pre pro etc but i will say the rotel 1095 is very musical much more to me that the A5 paradigm i tried. 8O The 1080 Jerry refered to is made a little bit more for music in my opinon and as such maybe it doesn't have the same roll off as the 1095. I'm looking to get a 1080 or 1090 for the two channel side or as some have suggested the 1077.

Comment

• Dozer42
              • Sep 2005

Klipsch KLF-30 mains, RC-7 center, RS-7 surrounds.

Had them powered first by a Denon 4806, then added the new RMB-1077 as a test, and WOW, awesome. Highs are absolutely incredible, not harsh in the least. Sent the Denon 4806 back and went with a Sherwood P-965 preamp.

The RMB-1077 is most certainly a suberb amp for Klipsch speakers. I would expect the 1095 to be very good too, but this new digital amp is amazing.

Can't you just buy one, try it at home for a month, and return it if you're not satisfied? My dealer gave me some smack about being able to return the 1077, but I told him no-sale until he gave me a 30-day money back guarantee. Now he's never getting that sucker back. =)

Comment

• rushisrighton
                • Oct 2005

Please everyone, quit telling me how good the 1077 is! I'm afriad I might sway ops: Well I wish I could demo them both, just checked rotel's site to see my nearest dealer and it was Fargo about four hours away, but I've been in that store and I definently don't remeber seeing any rotel amps, or any rotel for that matter but I'm sure they could get it for me, I also have my local guy looking out for me also (tough to shell out msrp for it when you want both a 1095 and a 1090) I know there's a better way to do it. Just don't want to end up with something I can't warranty! Would hate to have to put anyone through woodchipper :lol:

It sounds to me like the 1090 is a better way to go on the front channels then the 1095 to all 5. And it seems to me that the 1095 is more than comparable to other amps you guys have tried.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by rushisrighton
                  , just checked rotel's site to see my nearest dealer and it was Fargo about four hours away,
                  Rotels site is notoriously innaccrate. I suggest you check for B&W dealers in your area on B&Ws site and call each and ask if they are also Rotel dealers. I'll bet you find they are.
                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• soundhound
                    • Mar 2004

rushisrighton, where are you located? Fargo as in Fargo/ Moorehead?

Comment

• rushisrighton
                      • Oct 2005

Soundhog, NO I'm in Minot about four hours away from fargo/Moorhead but we go there often because my wifes folks live 15minutes out of Fargo in Casselton.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"