X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tapesh
    • Oct 2003

Power issue with RB-1090 ? Help Please

There is continuous a krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. sound coming from my speaker. Possibly power related issue.

Connections CD Player Sony 555ES -> ASL AQ2004DT -> Rotel RB-1090 -> Polk Lsi9 Speakers

Sound level increases as connections are made. Just speakers hooked on, you have to close to speaker to hear this.

Connect PreAmp, you can hear this.

With CD Player connected you cant bear this, it dominates the music.

Solutions as suggested by Rotel Dealers, I tried Monster Strip with stage 1 filteration, it didn’t help.

Tried every thing from that strip and then amplifier direct and sources from strip. Nothing changed ?

Certain lights in the house make more louder.

Should the amplifier be connected directly and it’s the reqources that are creating problem ?

If good power cord will help ?

Please help what am I doing wrong ? buy monster conditioners ? How come my receiver setup never picked up these problems in the current.

Thanks

Tapesh
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Start by disconnecting your TV coax from the wall to see if it helps. Get an extension cord and plug the amp into it and run it to another socket in a different room. For me to remove the buzzing sound from my speakers I had to run some TV coax cable from my pre/pro FM tunner to my surge protectors coax connection. Do you have a grounding pin on your preamp?

ht_addict

Comment

• Tapesh
      • Oct 2003

A little background.

I already have a separate HT setup with Denon AVR3300 + Polk RM7500. Perfect no problem.

This is just recently that I got in to setting up a new separate setup for two channel listening. So the only inputs to PreAmp are from CD Player.

Did try using Belkin surge protector, Monster Cable level 1 power strip, tried changing diff. out lets.

I live in an apartment, just in case if that helps.

Thanks

Tapesh

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

It sounds like a grounding issue to me. As mentioned above try running a power cord to another outlet and or try a "cheater" plug. If either of those work you have a ground issue that we need to deal with to remove the hum. The alternative to a humming amp is to simply teach it the words but try as I might they all seem to be tone deaf and don't respond well to my teachings so I'd suggest trying the first methods first

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"