will ther be a 7 channel version of the 1095?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rushisrighton
    • Oct 2005

will ther be a 7 channel version of the 1095?

Hey guys,

First I'd just like to say hi to everyone as I finally joined this forum and decided to post.

Now to the matter at hand. I would like to buy a 1095 amp, but part of me wants to wait and see if they will offer this in a 7 channel version. I realize they just came out with a 7 channel amp but it looks nothing like the 1095.

The look of the rotel is second to none I love the look of the black and silver 1095 and I've been looking for one at a good price but I can't help but wonder if I should wait and see if this will be offerd in a 7 channel amp.

What do you guys think, will there ever be a 1097? and if not - why!!!

(also if any of you guys have a 1095 for sale feel free to pm me new or used -you never know until you ask, right?)
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

I would not hold my breath for a 1097. The 1095 is already a big heavy box.
    Now with the 1077, there is not really a need for a 1097.

If you really like the 1095 so much get it and add a 1080 for mains or 1070 or 1050 for rears. Which speakers are you using? Do you really need 200 x 7?

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Agreed,
      the 1095 is already hard to handle , buy a rb1080 and be cool with it.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Hi,

In reality there is nothing stopping a 1097 unit. It would be much lighter than the 1095 and have 200W into 8 Ohm and 400W into 4 ohm... Sort of a double 1077... Even double the height and less than double the weight of a 1077...

We just need to wait until Rotel get the RB-1091 and RB-1092 and Rotel know how to do it - it just needs the demand and the engineering time to complete....

Geoff

Comment

• gianni
          • Nov 2002

Geoff,

If you read his post, he is asking about a conventional design 1097 or an upgrade of the 1095, not a bigger 1077. Although to me, your suggestion is appealing.

Comment

• rushisrighton
            • Oct 2005

gianni is exactly right I'm talking about takeing the 1095 and adding 2 more channels to it. If It's bigger and heavier I say that's all the better, I for one do not care for the look of these small class D amps that seem to be popping up. (that implies to looks only, not the amplification process or benefits or drawbacks of what a class d or some type of hybrid class d amp can bring). I like the looks of the 1095, I'm just saying that with it you still have to buy another amp if you want 7 channels.
            and by the way gianni I have klipsch rf-3's, rc-3 and rs-3's, so do I need 200wpc? The answer is absolutely not, never in a million years would I use the rotel to it's full potential unless I changed speakers which isn't likely to happen because I really like my klipsch's (only upgrade would be to a better set of klipsch's) The reason I want the 1095 is probably for the same reason a bus driver would want a dodge viper, after all isn't this also what our hobby is about, looking at our gear through our own rose colored glasses?

I say bring on a bigger 1097 and let the competition get smaller!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Rushrighton,

Sorry for the missunderstanding - I was focusing on the 7 channel and 200W aspect, not the big linear amp brother of the 1095...

I am not aware of any plans Rotel has for this. They have promoted the RB-1080 paired with the RMB-1095 to cover 7 channels (and the two together as as big and heavy as you could want)... There are very few truely high power 7 channel conventional amps out there. The logistics of getting the power supplys, heat sinks etc in the one case become overwhelming. For example Earthquake has been woking on the 7 channel version of their Cinenova Gran for a cuple of year and (as far as I know) it is still not yet released.

If I was a betting man you will see more of Rotel's future amps in the Digital range and less (if any) in the conventional linear range. Of course all of this is subject to market demand and how well their digital amps are accepted.

Geoff

Comment

• rushisrighton
                • Oct 2005

Geoff

If I too were a betting man I believe we're going to see alot more amps in the digital range by alot more manufacturers, seems like smaller is in. I do believe there are many advantages to be had by useing a digital amp (plenty of power, cool operation, slim design that can be implemented into anything), and it seems like they have figured out how to make them sound pretty good too! But they hardly leave that impression of POWER on someone who doesn't know alot about home theater gear which is most everyone who is over at my house and rather than explain how great this tiny amp is to my friends I'd rather just point to a 1095 and let it explain itself, I'm sure after seeing one they would get the point. Reality is most of what this gear has to offer is lost on 95% of people I've never had anyone say wow that sounds great you must be useing an xlr connection! And my 32" tv doesn't get near the oohs and ahhs of my tensioned 92" draper screen as it drops down out of the ceiling. That's why I would like rotel to bring out a 7 channel version of the 1095 - for more ooohs and aaahs!

Maybe I could pair a 1095 with a 1090 on my fronts would this harder to do than with a 1080? I realize it would be better to stay on the same wpc but would it make that much of a difference?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2003

Maybe I could pair a 1095 with a 1090 on my fronts would this harder to do than with a 1080?

I like your style...

The RB-1090 is my all time favourite Rotel amp - seriously sweet sounding.... And exactly the same size as the 1095.... Serious sound... Serious rack presence...

Geoff

Comment

• DrJRapp
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff

I like your style...

The RB-1090 is my all time favourite Rotel amp - seriously sweet sounding.... And exactly the same size as the 1095.... Serious sound... Serious rack presence...

Geoff
                    And serious juice suckers (ac that is)...lol
                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by rushisrighton
                      Maybe I could pair a 1095 with a 1090 on my fronts would this harder to do than with a 1080? I realize it would be better to stay on the same wpc but would it make that much of a difference?
                      I like your brand of insanity sir! :yesnod:
                      Jason

Comment

• Jamil
                        • Dec 2003

I am one of the insane with that same gear combo (1090/1095) and would like more to join the club. Maybe we all will check in for rehab at the same time I do plan on listening to the digital amps by Rotel. Got to see what this buzz is about. I did read Jerry's notes on the 1077 so would not hurt to validate his findings. I am not sure that I will upgrade from the current setup right away but you never know.

Comment

• rushisrighton
                          • Oct 2005

The more I talk about it, the more I talk myself into it. It seems that the minute you mention the 1095/1090 combo, the straight jackets come out. Well I'm going to be the first to have mine monogrammed with a rotel logo!

I do feel insane wanting such a big amp combo when I don't need it, but then How much of this HT stuff do I really need anyway (a popular line from my wife). It seems like the above posters were really happy to say they had this combo, so I feel compelled to join the straight jacket crowd, make room in your padded home theater rooms for me!

One last request directed to Rotel though, show us what you could do with a seven channel 1095, maybe it could come with four casters on hydraulic suspension and also come standard with a damage release waiver.

Comment

• Jamil
                            • Dec 2003

Don't you want to audition the digital amps by Rotel first before going for the back breakers? or maybe you are like me who don't mind the powerlifting and would rather wait to see version 2.0 of any audio/video gear before opening their wallets

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Oct 2003

The more I talk about it, the more I talk myself into it.
                              Just do it... You want it... They are a great combination... Home theater at this level isn't necessarily about rationality... Get it and enjoy it... arty: (I came this close to having two 1090s for my front L/C/R before I discovered digital - the 1090s are seriously good amplifiers - unbeatable for the $)

Geoff
                              Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 15 October 2005, 03:27 Saturday.

Comment

• rushisrighton
                                • Oct 2005

Jamil - yes I do believe in waiting for version 2.0 of just about any gear, and I believe it's paid out well for me. and as far as demoing or even listening to a new or old rotel amp is about impossable for me as I live on the frigid border of North Dakota almost 2 miles away from being a Canadian, and there just isn't much up here. I can only research and decide on which I can live with.

aussie geoff - Thank you, I am going to do it! The 1095 will come first and maybe a little later the 1090, I am in the process of upgrading my entire system from six years agoI've allready spent about 5 grand in the past 4 months. (harmony 880, x-10 lighting setup, panasonic 700 u, tensioned draper screen, new leather recliners and couches). So after the 1095 I'm gonna wait awhile to see which processor (or possably a really good receiver) will catch my eye with the new HD dolby digital and HD DTS. No sense in upgrading my receiver now other than it's not high end. Then after that I'll add a 1090. One more question that I have in the back of my head, I was wondering if there would be a good sized advantage especially with these new HD audio formats soon to be released,of going with a digital amp. (Seems everything is going completely digital these days). I don't think It's something I would want to do but was just wondering on what you think I might be missing out on by not staying in that almost complete digital domain?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2003

One more question that I have in the back of my head, I was wondering if there would be a good sized advantage especially with these new HD audio formats soon to be released, of going with a digital amp.
                                  Now - I see you are weakening... :W

Muscle Amp with a muscle size or Switching Amp in a pint sized box but with serious mumbo... I've heard both and I'm (personally) sold on the switching for sound quality (much to my surprise!)... But each to their own... And there is no doubt the 1090 is both a seriously good amp and one with serious rack presence! ;x(

Since you aren't buying the amps just yet - what this forum for the reviews of the RB-1091 and RB-1092 when they are released in early 2006... 500W into 8 ohm and 1000W into 4 ohm... - but they are only 2 1/2 inches high (1091 mono and 1092 stereo)... However be aware that Rotel has only brought back the 1090 until it sorts out the production glitches with the 1091 and 1092 and then the 1090 will be only available second hand...

Re your thoughts on a receiver - not bad - they make reasonable pre-pros - however when the time comes - post a question in the Home Theatre forum of HTguide and see what people recommend (products change all the time..)

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"