X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Rotel 5 channel 'class d' amp?

Anyone know what the wattage on this amp is going to be? Since I'm only runnign 5.1, assuming the 5 channel and 7 channel run the same price, it might be better for me to get the 5 channel version...

And if I ever upgrade to 7.1, it'll be an excuse to get a stereo amp addedd to the mix (;
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The only thing I've heard about it was from a post someone made. I doubt anyone outside of Rotel has any more info.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hockeypuck
      • Oct 2004

This is a product that would get my $$$$!!!!!!

Comment

• MacUser
        • Aug 2006

My guess is 5 x 100W - as the RB-1077 is about 2500 Euros and the RB-1065 will be at 2000,-.

Making sense to me ...

So - let's hope the guys at Rotel notice that there is sth. missing: A powerful 5 channel Class D amp!!!

The new product lineup (likely) will have the 2 channel Class D RB-1082 (2 x 200 W) - and I wish they're going to build sth. like a RB-1083 or RB-1085 ...

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

My dealer called the head of Rotel N.A. yesterday, and aside from the fact he was a bit confused as to how I knew to be asking about the 5 channel Class-D amp (apparently, they may not even announce it at CEDIA), he seemed to be indicating that it was in fact a 5x100, basically it's the 7 channel with 2 less modules.

Unfortunately, I think it's more likely that we see the amp next year as opposed to this one...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"