RSP-1068: No DPL II Setting for 5.1 System?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAL_9000
    • Nov 2004

RSP-1068: No DPL II Setting for 5.1 System?

I recently bought the RSP-1068 for my 5.1 system, and I’m confused by the Surround format options. Specifically there appears to be no Dolby PL II (PLII) option.

I’ve been going through the Input Setup configuration menus to choose the Default (surround) Mode. I want to choose PLII since this is designed for 5.1. However, there is no PLII option for the Default Mode. The only similar option is Dolby PL IIx (PLIIx). But PLIIx is designed for 6.1/7.1 systems (which I don’t have).

Am I not able to choose PLII? If not, what other surround format is best suited for a 5.1 system.

Is anyone else in the same situation, in other words confused by these options.

Thanks.
    HAL_9000
  • metallo
    • Sep 2004

Make sure you have the right speaker configuration, disable all speakers that you dont have.

/Daniel

Comment

• HAL_9000
      • Nov 2004

Thanks for the reply.

I just checked this. My settings are correct for a 5.1 system. The Front/Center/Surrounds are enabled. The Center-Back is disabled.
      HAL_9000

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

PLIIx is the option you want. Rotel took the smart approach in my opinion by just calling it with the 'x' reguardless of your config. If center rears are not enabled it won't process them.

All the 'x' does is add the center rears anyway, for the normal 5.1 there is no difference.

Kevin d.

Comment

• HAL_9000
          • Nov 2004

OK. Thanks for the reply.
          HAL_9000

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"