X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gladelson
    • Mar 2002

RDC PLII Question

I have owned a RDC-7 for several months and there is something that I haven't figured out. My unit came with the PLII and DTS-ES upgrade. In menus 3-5 and 3-6 you can set the Prologic II mode to either "Movie" or "Music" for those surround modes (2 channel). These settings appear to be global and not input specific. That is, let's say I want my CD input to have PLII Music Mode but I want my VCR input to have PLII Movie Mode. It seems that whatever I set in the 3-5 and 3-6 menus affects all inputs. If I set 3-5 to PLII Movie, then PLII Music is not available. Am I not understanding this properly? Any help is appreciated.
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Thanks for contributing to the dialog at Club Integra!

While the settings for Dolby Pro Logic II via the Setup menus appear to be applicable to all inputs, selection of one via the Setup menus does NOT preclude use of the other. After selecting an input source, if you repeatedly press the "Surround" key on the remote (labelled "4" on the face of the key itself), you can toggle through the available surround mode choices. Keep going through the list long enough and you will see both PLII Music and PLII Movie displayed (not at the same time, of course). :>) Simply stop cycling through the choices at the one you want to be in effect for that source.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"