X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

DVD-A player to RSX 1055

Does anyone know if I can hook up a dvd player like the RDV 1060 to my rsx 1055 will it play DVD-A? I dont see any logo or anything on my reciever saying its compatible playing DVD-A.

Thanks
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

oh..same question with SACD

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

As of right now barely any receiver or pre/pro can decode DVD-A/SACD via a digital connection. To connect them you need to use 6-analog cables to the 5.1 input on the 1055 from your DVD player. Hence it's the player, not the receiver, you need to look for to have compatibility (said logos ) with those formats :T
      Jason

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

great thanks..so its all about the DVD player and the 6 analog interconnects.

Comment

• newb
          • Jan 2005

If you are using a sub :T , you'll need to check if your 1055 is a candidate
          for the 'bass management fix'.
          Just do a search in this forum all will be revealed, else someone with a few more clues might be kind enough to post you a link.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by newb
            If you are using a sub :T , you'll need to check if your 1055 is a candidate
            for the 'bass management fix'.
            Can-o-worms opener! You should have just let him get the first part working!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
              Can-o-worms opener! You should have just let him get the first part working!

Kevin D.

please tell me what you two are talking about. I am using B&W FPMS so the use of my sub is a must! If there is a problem with the RSX 1055 outputing a sub signal from a SACD source then it would be good for me to know.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

If it hasn't had the bass management fix, the 5.1 inputs will "double" the bass by sending it to your mains and sub.

Here's the link on how to do it (it's quite easy, I did it on my 1066 )

Jason

Comment

• Nolan B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2005

uhhhhhh....

I would return the unit before I started doing that. Has Rotel not offered a recall on this unit since it clearly does not perform right? If it doubling the bass then the unit simply is deffective.

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

i have V2.2.6 if that helps

Comment

• newb
                      • Jan 2005

I think bass management in general can best be described as a 'can of worms' .

As far as I know there is not a firmware upgade that will fix the BM, I would suggest to plug it in and have a listen.

If your not happy doing the fix yourself, your place of purchase should be happy to do it for you or arrange for it to be done.

Sorry Kevin, I was just trying to save someone a bit of heartache. I spent hours muking around with X/O's,speaker settings etc and carting my sub
                      around the room before I googled and came across you guys ;x(

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Vancouver
                        uhhhhhh....

I would return the unit before I started doing that. Has Rotel not offered a recall on this unit since it clearly does not perform right? If it doubling the bass then the unit simply is deffective.
                        It's not defective, but Rotel will be happy to do it for you if you send it in. There's no recall because it does perform exactly as they wanted. The unit was released when there was a lot of stuff up in the air and a lot of discs did not have a sub track. In addition, a lot of discs have information in the main channels that most speakers just can't reproduce.

Rotel believed it was best that if they couldn't provide a complete bass management solution, they would apply the best for most systems. Were are actually pretty lucky they provided us a means to take the crossover off.

Honestly, since you are using the FPMS speakers, you won't notice the difference.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

great thank you for the information and piece of mind!

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"