X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Watch Out Krell, here comes Rotel:tales of the RMB 1077

To some that may seem like a presumptious title, but after spending about an hour now with the 1077 running 2 channel, it may be closer to the truth than many can imagine. The 1077 has real b---s and one doesn't need a wheelbarrow to cart it around either! While real critical listening will have to wait awhile until I get some hours of breakin under the belt, from the very first few moments after I hit the power button, it was obvious to me that this jewel was worth the wait.

Let me step back a moment and take you step by step thru the setup process. The full sized Rotel box was sitting on the floor when I picked it up to move it to the family room. It felt uncanny...real light. My mind is accustomed to full Rotel boxes being back breakers. I opened both layers of boxes and lifted out this really odd looking device that had the footprint of a 1080 but is only 3" tall. Honestly, it looks more like a Satelite dish receiver than an amplifier. It felt really solid however, not hollow and flimsy like a cheap DVD player, which is sort of what I was expecting after my experience with my Panasonic XR25. So, for those of you who think that Rotel should be charging prices along the lines of a cheap Panny receiver, please take note...it isn't built like a cheap Panny receiver, it's built more like a Krell KAV Showcase, but it's still priced like a Rotel.....well, maybe a 21st century Rotel at least. As I placed her in position on my equipment rack, I noticed how much of the internal wiring and circuit boards can be seen through the case ventilation holes. The 1077 appears packed! How else could they get this low a profile?

Now, about the sound. It's definitly Rotel, clean, clear and musical. However, it has much more of the mid and low end weight of the Krell Showcase or a Halo A51. I swear there is low bass coming from my Klipsch RF7s that I've never heard when they were powered by the RMB 1075 or the RB1080. I cranked her up for a rendition of the "Stars and Stripes" played by the Boston Pops to a level that could be heard by just about the entire neighborhood, and, incidentally, brought complaints from my kids upstairs for drowning out their Rap, which they always play at insane (and distorted) levels. At those levels I didn't experience any "compression" of the sound as I would expect from an amp sporting only 100wpc.

Right now the soundstage seems a bit flat front to back and also a bit narrow. However, I really think that I need to give her some run in time before I pick that apart.

I'll be back!!!!
    Last edited by DrJRapp; 22 September 2005, 10:13 Thursday.
    Jerry Rappaport
  • FENDEBENDER
    • Sep 2005

Great inital review can't wait for a more in depth anaylsis.

Anyone want to buy a 1095 8O Just kidding but it seems if not now
    in the near future this will be norm not the exception.

Wow 11 EDTcame fast. :B

Comment

• mitch57
      • Nov 2004

Let that baby run 24 hours a day so she gets some real good but fast break in time. That way we will get to hear about your critical listening evaluations that much sooner. I know I can't wait.
      Mitch
      :stupidpc:

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Fenderbender, don't worry, even your insinuation you might part with the 1095 will bring you multiple offers. When I first indicated I ordered a 1077 I had no less than 9 emails offering to buy either my 1075 or the 1080 or both, even though I made no indication that I would part with them! For those of you still watching, the 1075 is spoken for and the 1080 isn't for sale. I do have a Halo A21 hanging around (see the pawn shop).

As I type I'm sitting here listening and the more I hear the more I like the 1077.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

My wife just came downstairs and looked at the 1075 and 1080 stacked 17" tall next to my equipment rack and asked me: "Are you serious?, this little thing can't do the work of all that, can it?"
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

This sounds interesting, Jerry, would you say that the amp gives your speakers more authority than your other amplifers that you mentioned? If I am correct your speakers are rated at 250w, is that correct?

Robert P.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• DrJRapp
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2003

Rob

If by "more authority" you mean are they able to play louder, then the answer is no. However if you were to ask if they can play louder and more cleanly, the answer is yes. The 1077 sounds much "bigger" than it's 100 wpc would indicate. One must remember that my RF7s are also super efficient and can play off an IPOD(well at least make some noise off one). However, the RF7s are a so called "difficult" speaker to drive well since they have an impedance dip to 2.8 ohms at woofer resonance. The 1077s ability to "track" the impedance curve of a speaker allows it to transfer max power even at surprisingly low impedances. Only "bigger" amps (200 wpc and up) have achieved this sound with my RF7s. The 1077 does appear to sound like a "bigger" amp than my 1080 does.
              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• FENDEBENDER
                • Sep 2005

Whats the retail price of these units its not listed.

Comment

• Feisal K
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DrJRapp
                  ... brought complaints from my kids upstairs for drowning out their Rap

:T

Jerry,

thanks for the report!

Fendebender,

US$2.5K. works out to around $3.60 per watt at 8Ω

Comment

• RobP
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

Rob

The 1077s ability to "track" the impedance curve of a speaker allows it to transfer max power even at surprisingly low impedances. Only "bigger" amps (200 wpc and up) have achieved this sound with my RF7s. The 1077 does appear to sound like a "bigger" amp than my 1080 does.
                    Jerry, you technically described my idea of Authority with your response above! I have heard a few "small" amps that can drive big speakers well, it sounds like this is one of them. :T
                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Damn, wouldn't you just know it. I step out for the evening and when I get back I find my PM maxed and all of this action going on. I hate it when I miss out on the start of a hot topic!

Jerry, so far it seems that you are getting good results with the 1077. The beefier low-end brought on by 1077 seems to be a common characteristic of ICEpower amplifiers and my mains could definitely benefit from that. I am, however, somewhat concerned about the two-dimensional soundstage you described. I need more presence from my power amplifier not less. Hopefully, that's just a momentary observation.
                      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• miket
                        • Oct 2004

Hello,

for what it's worth the rmb-1077 retails for around 2,000 Euros in Italy.
                        About 2-d soundstage I think this may be a characteristic of multi-channel power
                        amps Vs stereo power amps of the same price range. I am really curious to hear the rb-1092 when it becomes available, particularly with the rc-1090 replacement pre-amp that was suggested here in another thread.

BTW this Rotel Forum is excellent ....

miket

Comment

• bigburner
                          Super Senior Member
                          • May 2005

However, I really think that I need to give her some run in time before I pick that apart.
                          Jerry, do you genuinely believe that the characteristics of an amp change over time?

I ask because I when I see the term "break in" or "run in" I wonder whether what it really means is "I'm a little bit disappointed with the sound but if I listen long enough I'll get used to it and start to like it".

As you can sense I'm a little bit sceptical when it comes to break-in time, other than for speakers which have a mechanical dimension and are therefore susceptible to change over time.

I'm also aware that you've got the whole of Club Rotel expecting you to report an event as significant as the second coming.

We may have to hypnotise you to get the real oil on the 1077 Jerry!

Comment

• DrJRapp
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by bigburner
                            Jerry, do you genuinely believe that the characteristics of an amp change over time?

As you can sense I'm a little bit sceptical when it comes to break-in time, other than for speakers which have a mechanical dimension and are therefore susceptible to change over time.
                            I used to feel as you do until I experienced the radical change in sound I got over time while breaking in my 1080 and again with a Halo A21. There is some real technical basis for amplifier break in with classical transformer/capacitor amps that may not necessarily aply to this technology. Break in with the 1077 is not snake oil, there is a noticable difference already after only 7 hours of operation.

Now for the real embarrasing part. In my rush to get the amp up and running so I could get the word out to all of you I had reversed left and right channels. I'm sure this had a lot of effect on perceived soundfield while playing already familiar material. I'm not listening critically yet so I'll reserve final judgement on soundfield for a bit yet. I just finished checking everything out and calibrating with DVE and Avia.

She sounds smooth as a baby's butt in 7 channel.
                            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• DrJRapp
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Apr 2003

I just finished watching/listening to the first hour of Master and Commander in DTS ES because I believe it's perhaps one of the most challenging films for a HT setup to reproduce cleanly. The rapidly reoccurring cannon shots truely test an amps ability to keep up. I also waited till the rest of the family left for school & work before I spun that disc because I wanted to be able to play it at levels a bit higher than we normally listen. The 1077 did an admirable job. The overall sound reminds me of the RSP1066 RMB 1075 combination I used to run. It's a bit warmer and fuller than the RSP 1098 with 1075, but with better detail and an extended top end without really being "bright".

Just for everyones information I run my Mains and Center as large and surrounds and rear as small, crossing over the surrounds to my sub at 80hz and rears at 100hz.
                              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• shadow
                                • Dec 2003

Congrats Jerry. Sounds like you have found your dream amp and as a bonus you can save space in your rack. Your wife will be ecstatic! :P

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by shadow
                                  Congrats Jerry. Sounds like you have found your dream amp and as a bonus you can save space in your rack. Your wife will be ecstatic! :P
                                  Perhaps not my dream amp, but certainly very likable. My wife won't care as much as I do, my rack WAS chock full, no room for anything else. The 1077 changes that. Now I have room for a video processor and a second DVD player.
                                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• shadow
                                    • Dec 2003

You're right, since you are buying more gear your wife will not be happy.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by bigburner
                                      I'd like to address that statement more definitively than I did before, now that the amp has 10 hours on it. When I first plugged her in the first track that I played was Any Love from The Essential Luther Vandross album. This was the disc that I was playing as background music on my system as I unpacked the 1077, so it would be the closest thing to a a/b comparison as I could get. What struck me immediatly about the 1077 was how it seemed to emphasize sillibance. I remembered that I felt this way about the RSP 1098 when I first plugged it in but that went away after about 30 hours of play, so I decided to ignore that aspect of the 1077s performance to evaluate it at a later time.

Out of curiosity I popped on the same disc just now, and the overemphasis of sillibance has completely dissapeared. That isn't just wishfull thinking or my ears adjusting to the sound of the amp, it's something very real that really happened. The top end is smoothing out after only 10 hours.
                                      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by shadow
                                        You're right, since you are buying more gear your wife will not be happy.
                                        You are right ....I stayed up all night playing various discs and she is PISSED. This morning she called herself the "1077 widow"!...lol

This has been an interesting experience. I'm not used to being under the spotlights. Neither am I accustomed to being Mr Leading Edge. Finances till recently have been such that I would only purchase tried and true products that I could read many reviews about. Life has been very good to me and now I can afford to take more risks, buy some better equipment...UPGRADE!!!!!
                                        Last edited by DrJRapp; 22 September 2005, 19:12 Thursday.
                                        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• rpryan
                                          • Mar 2005

Jerry
                                          she'll get over it. sounds like you'll have a great sounding system for some time. Congrats
                                          Bob

Comment

• mitch57
                                            • Nov 2004

I used to feel as you do until I experienced the radical change in sound I got over time while breaking in my 1080 and again with a Halo A21. There is some real technical basis for amplifier break in with classical transformer/capacitor amps that may not necessarily aply to this technology. Break in with the 1077 is not snake oil, there is a noticable difference already after only 7 hours of operation.

Now for the real embarrasing part. In my rush to get the amp up and running so I could get the word out to all of you I had reversed left and right channels. I'm sure this had a lot of effect on perceived soundfield while playing already familiar material. I'm not listening critically yet so I'll reserve final judgement on soundfield for a bit yet. I just finished checking everything out and calibrating with DVE and Avia.

She sounds smooth as a baby's butt in 7 channel.
                                            Great review Jerry! Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this.

I do have one question regarding your "Break In" statement. You mention that the sound changes over time as the amp gets broken in. But didn't you purchase the A21 used? If so, how many hours did the A21 already have on it before you got it? Wouldn't it already be broken in if it were used?

Based on what bigburner stated in his post it would seem more likely that your ears and mind have become more accustomed to the sound of the amp and not the amp actually "breaking in".

I'm certainly no expert and I am somewhat of a new comer to the high end arena. But I do know there is alot of debate on this topic. I think it would be interesting to do some tests on used (well broken in) and new amps that are otherwise identical to see if there are really any measurable differences over a given time period.

Is anyone up to the challenge? I would think it would most likely have to be a dealer or someone who has access to new and used amps.
                                            Mitch

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Apr 2003

Yes, the A21 was used, but obviously sat around for awhile before I got it, therefore it took some time for the capacitors to "form". As I mentioned there is real technical basis for equipment changing sound characteristics over time. If you really listen carefully, you will find that your amps change sound over the first 30 mins after turn on as they warm up, this happens every time power is shut off for awhile.

Capacitors are energy storage devices. When unused they lose their ability to fully store current due to dielectric leakage. This effects their rated value. Modern electronics contain hundreds, if not thousands of capacitors, so you can imagine what the overall effect is. Capacitors "form" (come up to their rated value) over time. If you want to see an example of this in action just grab that camera in the closet with it's built in flash. Put in some fresh batteries, turn on the flash and time till the ready light comes on. Fire it off and repeat. You will notice that the charging time gets shorter over the first 5 or 10 flashes. This is the result of the capacitors "forming".

I tried to make that explanation as non-technical as possible. If anyone wants further elaboration, please don't hesitate and PM me.
                                              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                • Nov 2004

Now I'd like to see what the 1077 has in store compared to the NuForce Ref 9... That would be interested to see what to similarly praised digital amps can do....

So far the 1077 sounds really good!!! This will be a phenominal move towards 7.1 if the units can output such great performance in a small/compact unit such as these...
                                                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                                -Dan

Comment

• RobP
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Nov 2004

I would have to agree here with Jerry, I know personally that when my amplifer warms up after about 30 minutes or so, the sound does change slightly, and for the better I might add. I am suprised that no one has actually attempted to measure the change in sound during the break in period on audio equipment(amplifiers and speakers). If the idea that the components change in value during this period then it can be measured both acoustically and mechanically. If one could demonstrate and document physical change in these matierials then the whole debate over the break in idea would be a little easier for some people to accept.
                                                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RobP
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • Nov 2004

After a little thinking about the break in period topic I remembered a situation that actually supports it. In building movie theatres, we would EQ the rooms after everything was setup and ready to open, the house curve is set and we forget about for about a month or so, then we have to go back in and repeat the EQ process. Almost every room changed a little in frequency response, so somewhere, a part of the audio chain changed slightly enough to show a measureable difference.
                                                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• aud19
                                                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Aug 2003

Speaking of Nuforce Pewter, it seems that they and the 1077 have clean, extended bass as major traits for the new-fangled digital amps Both "reviews" on them seem to mention this as an immediately obvious trait :T

Jerry, congrats and thanks for getting us this info as quickly as you did :T Can't wait to hear more on the critical listening results! :P

As for break-in, I'll throw in my views as well. I got the 1066/1075 at the same time so I can't comment on if it was both or one or the other but I will say that when I first plugged them in, I also noticed sibilance problems and a fairly "thin" sound. The longer they were on, the better the siblance got and the fuller and smoother the sound got
                                                      Jason

Comment

• ds22030
                                                        • Sep 2004

As to break in, I third Jerry as I experienced this as well with a used 1068 I bought. It wasn't used for about 6 mos. Hooked it up and major sibilance and brightness...to the point that me and my wife's ears hurt listening to Kenny G. I was heartbroken and decided I would have to sell it. However, after about 20 hrs or so of use, the sound was less harsh and less bright....I changed an interconnect btwn my cd and 1068 and voila....everything sounds great!

Comment

• Pieter
                                                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ds22030
                                                          ...to the point that me and my wife's ears hurt listening to Kenny G...
                                                          Heck, I don't think a system has been designed yet to alleviate that problem.

Funnies aside, keep on posting, Jerry, you've got a captive audience.

Comment

• aud19
                                                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Pieter
                                                            Heck, I don't think a system has been designed yet to alleviate that problem.
                                                            Hahahah :rofl:
                                                            Jason

Comment

• ds22030
                                                              • Sep 2004

gotta hand it to you...that was pretty funny!!

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • Mar 2005

Now for the real embarrasing part. In my rush to get the amp up and running so I could get the word out to all of you I had reversed left and right channels. I'm sure this had a lot of effect on perceived soundfield while playing already familiar material.
                                                                Hey Jerry, don't be embarrassed this is VERY good news! I was hoping for something like an inadvertant connection. I believe I can rest a little easier now but still looking forward to more critical feedback. :T

Comment

• mitch57
                                                                  • Nov 2004

Yes, the A21 was used, but obviously sat around for awhile before I got it, therefore it took some time for the capacitors to "form". As I mentioned there is real technical basis for equipment changing sound characteristics over time. If you really listen carefully, you will find that your amps change sound over the first 30 mins after turn on as they warm up, this happens every time power is shut off for awhile.

Capacitors are energy storage devices. When unused they lose their ability to fully store current due to dielectric leakage. This effects their rated value. Modern electronics contain hundreds, if not thousands of capacitors, so you can imagine what the overall effect is. Capacitors "form" (come up to their rated value) over time. If you want to see an example of this in action just grab that camera in the closet with it's built in flash. Put in some fresh batteries, turn on the flash and time till the ready light comes on. Fire it off and repeat. You will notice that the charging time gets shorter over the first 5 or 10 flashes. This is the result of the capacitors "forming".

I tried to make that explanation as non-technical as possible. If anyone wants further elaboration, please don't hesitate and PM me.
                                                                  Makes sense to me. Thanks for educating me shipmate! I guess that's what we sailors do best.

But wouldn't the period of time it takes for all the capcitors to come to life be considered "Warm Up" and not "Break In"? Or... Does the amp require a complete "Break In" period each time it's left off for lengthy periods of time of a week or more?

That's the last question I will ask in this topic in this thread. If I need any further explanations I will PM you or post on a seperate thread elsewhere on this forum. Thanks again Jerry!
                                                                  Mitch

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mitch57
                                                                    .. Does the amp require a complete "Break In" period each time it's left off for lengthy periods of time of a week or more?
                                                                    Experience says yes, but I would guess that off time is more than a week or so, and pobably would vary by unit.
                                                                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Kobus
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2005

All this waiting, then 34 posts in 20 hours! nice,

1095 or 1077, same price

Comment

• Regnad
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Jul 2004

Jumping in...

Does the 1077 use the standard ICE module with the integrated switching supply? Is it known what Rotel does to distinguish this amp from others such as PS Audio, etc?

Thanks...

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • Mar 2005
                                                                          • 3139

Originally posted by Regnad
                                                                          Jumping in...

Does the 1077 use the standard ICE module with the integrated switching supply? Is it known what Rotel does to distinguish this amp from others such as PS Audio, etc?
                                                                          Let's assume for a moment that Rotel's offering was exactly the same as other ICEpower amplifiers. Worse case, you now have a matching unit to go with the rest of your (Rotel) system! 8) Anything else Rotel does to improve the sound is gravy!!!

Comment

• gostan
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2003
                                                                            • 445

Jerry

It sounds like you made a great choice for your amplifier upgrade. Keep up the ongoing reports.

I demoed the NuForce Ref 9's for four days and am expecting my order to be delivered in early October. The 1077 would have been on my demo list, but I decided not to wait.

Plenty of great amps to go around for all. Have you used new Rotel amp with your Shanling tube cd player?

Stan
                                                                            Stan

Comment

• Azeke
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Mar 2003
                                                                              • 2123

#39
                                                                              Jerry,

Congratulations on your new equipement purchase and thanks for that wonderful review. I can't wait to hear a more in depth analysis after the full "break-in" period, which should be shorter than conventional amps. Keep those reviews coming.

Ahhh the digital world, makes one want to upgrade, but alas .

Beautiful man simply beautiful.

Enjoy your new toy,

Azeke

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2005
                                                                                • 2649

#40
                                                                                This has been an interesting experience. I'm not used to being under the spotlights. Neither am I accustomed to being Mr Leading Edge. Finances till recently have been such that I would only purchase tried and true products that I could read many reviews about. Life has been very good to me and now I can afford to take more risks, buy some better equipment...UPGRADE!!!!!
                                                                                It's good to be a leader at times.

I think that you have made an astute purchase.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2003
                                                                                  • 1204

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by gostan
                                                                                  Jerry

Plenty of great amps to go around for all. Have you used new Rotel amp with your Shanling tube cd player?

Stan
                                                                                  Yes, I use the Shanling exclusively for 2 channel listening. I like the tube warmth. I'll do some digital listening using the RSP 1098 DACs later on to give everyone a hint at that sound.

I asked my wife for her comments on the sound last night. She generally has a very good ear and WAS able to pinpoint the top end deficiencies in the HALO amps when we auditioned them a two months ago. Her comments last night about the 1077 were that it sounded the same to her as my 1080/1075 rig. I think that is a good thing. As I said somewhere before, the sound IS basically Rotel...which is a god thing.
                                                                                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• thyname
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2005
                                                                                    • 358

#42
                                                                                    Thank you Jerry for your excellent review!! Looking forward to reading your further impressions after the "break-in" period.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2001
                                                                                      • 2852

#43
                                                                                      Jerry,
                                                                                      Nice review. I have to question one thing though. We know you have Klipschs so I wonder how much of a difference it would make if we took the Digital amp and put it on a much more demanding load say for instance a set of Maggies. Not all of us have speakers with the same efficiency rating as your Klipschs. So I wonder if the enthusiasm we all have for this new amp might need to be tempered until we all experience it for ourselves because we may not get the difference or it's possible it might be worse(assuming we are driving the new digital amp into clipping with a stronger load).

Make sense?

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2005
                                                                                        • 3139

#44
                                                                                        Shane, I think Andrew Ward stated from the outset that the 1077 is capable of driving demanding loads like the Krell LAT-1's. However, I see your point. Keep in mind that this is a multi-channel amplifier that is primarily intended for HT applications, which are typically less demanding environments. Those that prefer two-channel systems will probably be more interested in Rotel's upcomming offerings, like the 1091 and 1092.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Apr 2005
                                                                                          • 717

#45
                                                                                          Okay I'm a CHicken, but I have my reasons!

I was scared to write my review...

I looked back over it and it was so glowing and full of praise I got nervous. Who's going to believe me anyway, I figured? Most people are aware of my position and that could damage credibility (as if)

Thanks Doc for taking the heat off of me.

I agree with Doc on the point that the soundstage is different.

It's as wide as my Classe' and RB1080, and it centers at least as well (maybe better) as the other two power amplifiers. What it seems to have different is depth, with the Classe' music and the instruments all have a location in the sound field, this is very similar with the 1077, but with the Classe' there sometimes is a sensation that music is coming from behind the speakers not just wider than their location but deeper too.

The 1077 does not yet seem to have the total depth, however, that said it sure does everything else as well or better. It’s as clean and noise free as I’ve ever heard, it has zero noise floor, so quiet music and quite passages are simply alive on the 1077.

PLUS:

I can't get the darn thing to clip!
                                                                                          Not for lack of effort either, I’ve tried almost everything!

Just my 2 cents
                                                                                          Andrew M Ward

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"