X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bimmer528
    • Sep 2004

Krell or stick with Rotel.

Hey guy, I am in the process of upgrading my processor (rsp-1066). Initially I was going to purchase the 1098 but taking a trip to my local dealer had my inpulses halted upon listening to Krell. Granted, I can't afford new krell or anything above krell's entry level (Kav).

I can pick up the Showcase 5.1 pre/processor for around 1800. If I do this, I would be upgrading all my component's to Krell in the near future but I will probally never afford new or anything above thier Kav showcase stuff.

How would you guys compare going with Rotel's best (1098) and sticking with the rest of my Rotel component's or upgrading to the showcase 5.1 krell and eventually upgrading the rest of my components? I figure the kav/showcase amp and processor will set me back 4 grand not even including a krell dvd or cd player. Very costly in the end but 4 grand for the amp and pre isn't really too bad for me.
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

Well, sounds like your comparing NEW Rotel prices vs. USED Krell prices...so, compare apples to apples. And then see if the cost difference is still justified.

Comment

• kurtholz
      • Feb 2005

well, my two cents, i had the Rotel 1067, with a 1095 amp, upgraded to the 7.1 krell showcase, still using the 1095, but am adding a kav3250 for the front 3 channels ( it's not in yet)

using the krell with my rotel amp is a huge upgrade in sound quality, plus you can tweak the krell about a zillion different way's, still playing and learning all it will do, but it's a huge difference for only about $1000 difference

i expect another big jump when the 3250 amp arrives, will give you an update in a week or two, as soon as it's in

happy hi-fi hunting

:-)

Kurt

Comment

• bimmer528
        • Sep 2004

well the 1098 will set me back 3k after taxes if I buy it new. Do you guys think the 1098 will outperform the Home theater standard 5.1 krell regarding ht and music. I don't see myself being able to use 7.1 in the near future so in that apsect it makes no differance. I will need to check out the exact unit from krell I am talking about but im not sure if my dealer has any since it is an older model The exact unit I am referring to is the Home theater standard Krell processor. I heard the new showcase 5.1 at the local dealer and if the HTS can sound like that one, I may pick it up.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"