X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mig
    • Oct 2003

new rsx 1055

HI everyone.
    I have just bought a new rsx1055 unit. It appears to have an old software 1.43.
    I know that i can install the new one 1.5, but the ? is may be i have to return this one and ask for one with 2.26. Is there any significant digfference b/w the two of them.
    Thanks
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I think the biggest thing you have to worry about with the version one units is the HD video bandwidth on the component inputs. You bought the unit new? If so I'd return it and get a new one with an up to date model number. I wouldn't be buying that old of a version new from any dealer, used sure, maybe but not new.

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• mig
      • Oct 2003

Thanks. But what if I only use it for audio and connect my components directly to the video source.

Comment

• art vandeleigh
        • Oct 2003

then to return this unit will be up to you. if you look at the FAQ link it will describe every thing that is different from each of the firware versions. there is also the remote that rotel has changed. the new remote is RR-1050. i dont own the older remote so i really dont know what the difference is.

if your happy with your purchase then fine...dont return it, simple as that. but if you do want the new firware then it is your right as a customer to have the new firware if you ourchased the unit new and for full retail price.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Personally at this point in the game I'd return it for a more recent model with the HD bandwidth. you might not need it now but may in the future and besides it'll increase resale later.

Comment

• mig
            • Oct 2003

Thanks everyone for your advices. I will try to exchange it.
            Arkady

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"