X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dz
    • Sep 2003

New RSX-1055 Owner

Is there an easy way of telling what firm-ware my RSX-1055 is running? I just purchased it three weeks ago (exactly two weeks after my wedding...)

All and all I'm really pleased with the receiver, but I've got upgrade fever. I've already upgraded my front speakers and I'm looking at adding a phono stage and a new CD or DVD player.

The only disappoinment I've had is the lack of a phono input. Now that I've spent more than my limit on upgrades I'm stuck with a horrible 70's vintage phono stage. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced phono stage in the $100-$200 range?

-----------------------
    Devin Z.
    zdevin@hotmail.com
    -----------------------
    Devin Z.
    zdevin@hotmail.com
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Please read the faq for the question regarding the firmware version.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

That 70's phono might not be as bad as you think but if you're looking for a cheap alternative Radio Shack sells a little battery powered unit that apparently doens't sound too bad. Do a search for "little rat" in google and you're likely to find all sorts of discussion on it.

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Hey DZ,

Welcome to the club. Regarding the phono preamp, the Parasound PPH-100 sells for $120 and can be found at places like Audio Advisor. Not used it personally, but others at HTGuide have and say it is very nice sounding.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"