X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fargo
    • Sep 2005

1095 Protection Activation @ Pre-Amp Pwr Down

I have a NEW 1095 connected to the Pre-Amp outs of a Sony STR-DA333ES and when I power down the pre-amp the 1095 Front L-R and Rear L-R channel protection circuits activate. The center channel does not. I then have to cycle the power amp on-off-on to reset the protection circuits. The 1095 is conected to Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home Front L-R (rated @ 6-ohms). The Rears are Niles MP650's (rated @ 8-ohms). The center channel is a Sonus Faber Solo. Any thoughts on why this is happening?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Are you controlling the power on the 1095 in any way? I would imagine that the turn-off 'thump' could be enough to trip the circuit when powering 6ohm speakers.

Might need to look at running a 12v trigger off of the Sony. Or perhaps a power sequencer.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Fargo
      • Sep 2005

1095 Protection Activation @ Pre-Amp Pwr Down....

I am not controlling the 1095 power. it is plugged directly into the surge protector. This only occurs during power down of the pre-amp. I can power-up the pre-amp with the power amp on and this does not happen. I have discoverd that if I turn off the speaker output with the selector on the front of the Sony A/V receiver, before shuting it down, the problem does not occur.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Wow, crazy that the speaker switch fixes the issue, but hey whatever works. Perhaps not having a load on an active speaker output some how back-fed a rouge signal to the pre-outs.

I don't think anyone would have every suggested that, so good job finding that out!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Fargo
          • Sep 2005

I think I found the cause for the protection circuit activation. It appears that when I was wheeling the component rack against the wall, one of the rear channel speaker pigtails (The unshielded part) was inadvertently laying against the numerous power cords on the floor behind the cabinet. After some much needed cable re-organizing I am now able to power down the components and not trip the protection circuits on the Rotel Amp. This explains why I was able to shut-off the speakers and prevent the problem. EMI will get you every time! Otherwise, I love the sounds coming from my system with this new amplifier. Looking forward to upgrading to a 7.1 channel pre-pro and adding a 2-channel amplifier.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"