X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiger1879
    • Sep 2005

Just got my first Rotel Piece..RSX-1067

I am a novice compared to most on here...but it sounds great. I have it paired with B&W"S CM'4's and matching center. Currently using a 12" infinity sub.
    Setup is not plug and play especially when using large fronts, small rears and a sub. I think I've finally got it optimized.

Any tips or suggestions to get the best sound would be welcome.

Currently using a Sony CD/DVD player cost around $300. Any merit to looking at upgrading?

Thanks
    Jim
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Definitely look at upgrading the Sony DVD player if you have the money.

I would suggest making the main speakers small when using it for HT use and large when using it for stereo listening. In the large setting no low frequencies go to the sub from those channels (LFE will still play)...but I'm not sure if you can differentiate on the different inputs with the 1067.

Other than calibrating the system... it sounds like you've got a setup you really like, so now all that's left is to sit back and enjoy!!!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

Congratulations!! Is it brand new? How much did you get it if I may ask? The reason I am asking all these, is because price-wise, I can't seem to to choose a RSX-1067 over a RMB-1075/RSP-1068 combo.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

It's really not a hard choice when you consider what speakers your running and how big your room is. Seperates are always the better choice but when it comes to Rotel , it's so damn close it's hard to hear a difference.

There is nothing wrong with the rsx1067 unless you need more power. If your speakers are 4ohm's and you have a large size room , then seperates are the way to go.

Good luck with your decesion

Comment

• lvhung
          • Jun 2005

Tiger 1897,
          Very good choice of choosing 1067

1068/1075 set-up I think only better than 1067 when you got very good ( the same
          meaning as expensive ) interconnects
          otherwise it sound about the same

May I suggest the source Pioneer DV969Ai ( Singapore model ) to repl your Sony DVD

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"