X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

My Rotel gear is home now :D

Finally! I got to bring my new babies home on Tuesday afternoon and I still haven't stopped grinning My new 1066 and 1075 are in their temporary home to the left of my RPTV until I get my custom rack built. Unfortunately the day after I get my new toys I try to come on here to post and HTGUIDE IS DOWN!?! 8O ...lol. With Halloween this week I haven't had much time to listen yet but I did get to watch my Canucks win a few games with the crowd all around me and we watched The Shining last night . We plan on continuing the horror theme tonight with The Others and hopefully I can convince the family to make the rest of the day a movie one I'm thinking the new Matrix DVD and maybe some Indianna Jones. Of course after I hooked it up Tuesday night I took a few minutes to watch the THX bit at the beginning of Raiders and then the infamous pod-racing scene from Star Wars :P :P I can't wait to get the chance to listen to some music but I'm waiting for my gear/cables etc to break in a bit before I do any serious music listening. Plus I have the girlfriend and step-daughter to take in to consideration.

I'm having one problem I'm hoping all you kind folks can help me with...
    I tried connecting both the digital coax and stereo analog connections from my digital cable box to the 1066 and hoped to assign them to the same Video input. The thought was that with the 1066's default set to the coax if I have the cable box on a digital channel we would get the digital connection, if we change to an analog channel the 1066 is supposed to auto-sense that there's no longer a digital connection and try the analog. Hence making it much more user friendly for the girlfriend/daughter, as they would not have to change inputs from say video 1 to video 2 just to get the analog or digital signals. However that didn't work, I don't know if the digital box is sending some "base" signal at all times to the 1066 via the digital coax but even when I'm on an analog channel the 1066 stays with the digital connection and hence no sound. I either have to go in and manully change the default to analog or give the digital coax it's own video input designation... :cry: I've gone with the latter for now but this is by no means ideal, especially considering those two very important women in my life. Any ideas :?:

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It seems quite a few cable/DSS receivers send out a digital signal all the time which stops the Rotels from auto switching to the analog inputs...its really annoying but unavoidable I'm afraid.

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

Congrats, aud. You're FINALLY a charter member of the club. :LOL:

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Thanks Andrew, I suppose I will try at least contacting Motorola and see if they have any solutions. You know what would be nice though? If cable companies smartened up and transmitted ALL channels as digital. It seems to me it would be quite easy to piggyback a digital version of the analog channels so that us poor folks with digital box's could use the digital audio out ALL the time! Nevermind the fact that we might actually see a bit more clarity in the video too. Seen as how we pay so dearly for all of this every month, nevermind shelling out hundreds for the darn box to begin with. Pheww....that fealt good to Rant :LOL:

Thanks Will, it feels good to finally be a "real" member

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• lcajiga
          • Aug 2003

Hey amigo, congratulations on your purchase. I'm glad it finally arrived and you started playing with it. I can bet you are having a blast...like me that pray every day to finish work and sit down at my HT to listen my gear.

I LOVE ROTEL!!!!

Regards,
          Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
          Regards,
          Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Yup I can't wait to get home every day and play with it. I also enjoy that my step-daughter is begging me to watch movies and even my girlfriend is getting in to it. Music... I have to generally wait wait for one or both of them to go out as evidently I have generally different tastes in music than you average 12 year old girl...lol. Though I don't mind a couple of the pop singers she likes. Nelly Furtado has some actual musical talent as well as being a Vancouver Island girl. Avril's got a couple of actual decent tunes (not my favourite but I can tolerate it.) As for the gear...WOW! Break-is astonishing! Over the last week or so it seems every time I've turned it on the bass and mid-range flesh out more and the treble gets less dry and more airy. LOVING IT!

Been listening to a few of the DVD-A's I have now. Gotta say, IMO, that the multi-channel tracks in the well mixed discs are good. But so far most of the stuff I've heard sounds WAAAY better in the higher-res 2-channel tracks then the multi-channel. The Wagner disc I have sounds good in both, I found I preferred Fleetwood Mac's Rumours in 2-channel. I've got a couple more I've yet to listen to in both to compare. Neil Young - Harvest and Metallica's - Black album.

J.R.

Jason

Comment

• Eiffel
              • Aug 2003

I also enjoy that my step-daughter is begging me to watch movies and even my girlfriend is getting in to it. Music... I have to generally wait wait for one or both of them to go out as evidently I have generally different tastes in music than you average 12 year old girl...
              Tsk, tsk, tsk! Do you mean that your girl friend is 12 years old!!! :roll:

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

hahahaha ....no that would be the step-daughter....lol Too funny :LOL:

J.R.

Jason

Comment

• will1066
                  • Aug 2003

I'm listening to Metallica DVD-A now. Me thinks you will likey very much.

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Hey Will, just listened to the Metallica disc yesterday, check out this thread:

J.R.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"