X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bambahtg9700
    • May 2005

When will Rotel move to HDMI/DVI???

When will Rotel ever make DVD player and receivers with HMDI or DVI input/outputs? Nearly every other brand has come up with lines that have these inputs/outputs. NAD just came up with a upscaling DVD player (with HDMI output).

Don't get me wrong, I love my Rotel A/V receiver and DVD player but the picture from my RDV-1060 does not compare at all with my much lower priced Samsung upscaling DVD player (HDMI output). Granted the sound is not as good as that produced by the Rotel but when playing a movie, that is not a huge factor.

I've been use the RDV-1060 as a CD player lately but it seems like a waste. Anyone else with the same gripe.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I would imagine their next lines will probably have them. They usually release new models in spring
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I'd be looking for an anouncement at CES in January. Can't remember if it will be a universal player or not, but HDMI is in there. It will go along well with the scaler/video switcher coming out at the end of the year.. It won't be cheap either.. When it's released the 1060 will be 'a good deal'.

CEDIA starts tomorrow, so we might see some new info by Monday.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

The next Rotel high-end DVD player will have HDMI, but it won't be universal. Rotel still doesn't want to do SACD.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"