X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muppet
    • Sep 2005

Do I need an amp with RSX-1067

Is it absolutely necessary to have an amp with Rotel RSX-1068?
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 02 September 2005, 08:44 Friday. Reason: Make title meaningful
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Do you mean RSP-1068 (preamp - yes needs an amp), or RSX-1067 (receiver - not it does not).

Comment

• muppet
      • Sep 2005

was reading a website that had heading RSP-1068 then said RSX-1068.

Thanks youve answered my question.

Will RSX-1067 be OK by itself or waste of money unless add additinal amp?

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

RSX= reciever, has internal amplification. RSP= preamp/processor, needs external amp.

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

I was trying to get a Rotel receiver (you can read the thread I started yesterday). If I had the money for RSX-1067, I would have rather gotten RSP-1068/RMB-1075 combo. Separates are generally better than receivers. Others may chime for their suggestions.

Comment

• The_A_V_Guy
            • Jul 2005

Separates are generally better, yes. However, if you want to go with tht ebest bargain with minamal loss n comparison, go with a RSX-1056 receiver and then add an RB-1080 and use that to run your front mains. That will be the same price roughly as your RSX-1067 but with a tremendous upgrade in sound quality for 2 channel and even HT as well.

Comment

• bullitt731
              • Aug 2005

I have been looking at the 1067 as well based on my local AV store's recommedation. If I understand this correctly the 1056 would push the center and surround channels at 75w while the 1080 would be pushing the 2 front speakers at 200w for HT and 2 channel use as well. This sounds like a way to change my front speaker selection to 703s instead of 704s by saving nearly $700 by not buying the 1068/1075 separates.

Ed

Comment

• The_A_V_Guy
                • Jul 2005

actually you will get around 90w per channel out of the 1056 since you are only driving 3 channels instead of 5. I have the this same setup and also i would reccommend looking at Vandersteen speakers before you commit. Read the review on Model 2ce signatures at vandersteen,s website and you will get an idea what they are all about as a company. I have the model 2Ce sig's myself but if you have the money i woudl go withthe 3A SIg's. I LOVE teh model 2's but the 3's were out of my price range.

Comment

• weijst
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by The_A_V_Guy
                  ...However, if you want to go with tht ebest bargain with minamal loss n comparison, go with a RSX-1056 receiver and then add an RB-1080 and use that to run your front mains....
                  A very good recommendation! I currently have the RSP1068/RMB1075/RT1080(tuner) combo and if I could do it over again, I'd pick the RSX1056/RB1080 combo...

Good luck!
                  Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• muppet
                    • Sep 2005

thanks heaps for comments, now if I can find any in shanghai I'll be very happy, extrememly difficult to find.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"