X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Rotel and B&W FPM Series

I rarely see information from owners of these speakers, but I recently got some and have a small question. They were being power by a denon 1803, and I recently bought a Rotel RSX 1055 and was amazed! Is like I have new speakers.

I went with the RSX 1055 over the RSX 1056 becuase i have no need for video switching/upconversion, and got a deal i couldnt refuse on a demo. My question is becuase my speakers are rated at 150 watts and the 1055 can output 75 would there be any sound inprovement by going to a 1068/1075 comdo if I oonly plan on listening to the speakers at low to med levels?

I know most of you will say go audition, but the problem is there is no place to do a comparison with my specifc speakers, so I would be buying blind.

If anyone out there has B&W FPM powered by Rotel I would be very interested in hearing from you.
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

I ran the FPM as a center channel underneath my Plasma wall mount. It was awesome for what it was. I also had ccm80 as mains and ccm65 (?) as ceiling mount surrounds. I know that it was not the greatest setup, but it was my first. They were all powered by a yamaha receiver. At the time, all of my neighbors were amazed by the sound (especially of the center fpm). I now switched the fpm for Htm3s and the ccm80s for the 803s.... Since i have the fpm laying around in a closet, I will switch it out with the htm3s and let you know how it sounds as center channel with my rotel 1068/1095 combo.
    Stew
    Stew

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

wow that would be great!

Myself and friends are amazed with the quality of these speakers. I bought them 50% for quality and 50% for looks and my expectations for sound were far surpased.

Comment

• stewfoo
        • Jul 2005

I would just say that they require a subwoofer that has the ability to extended into the midbass region tightly.. i.e. 8 inch or 10 in...... definitely they are not well matched for REL subs which are meant to be crossed over at 28hz or so...
        Stew
        Stew

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"