X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jsapp
    • Jun 2003

Took the plunge on an RSX 1055

After months of searching, lots of great advice from forum I finnaly made a commitment by putting a deposit on a Rotel RSX 1055.

I was "this close" to buying the NAD T752 becuase it had excellent power, sounded almost as good as the Rotel and cost a lot less. But I still had quality concerns and the dealer just was not as friendly as some others. I thought about a Denon 2803 which has gotten glowing reviews from S&V but it just didn't seem that much of an upgrade over my Denon 1603. The 3803 was very close to the same price as the rotel and has even more rated power and more features but I really only need 5.1 right now.

So in the end with my Wife's blessing to exceed my origional budget a new Rotel 1055 is on its way (hopefull to arrive the same time as my new Tosiba 51 inch RPTV). I think I am probably paying parley for the mystique of having a Rotel (kinda like buying an Infinity when you could buy a Nissan) but also I justify it to myself (and my wife too) as planning for the future with the upgradable software and its performance as a pre pro for when I eventually add amps.

I will be powering Monitor 7s, CC370, Mini Monitor surrounds and a PW2200 in a 15 X 17 room. I have hopes for this and I 'll be sure to post updates when it all comes together. Any owners of Similar systems want to share any insights or advice?
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"