X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srinathalapati
    • Jan 2006

RSX-1055 and zone 2 question

Folks,

I own a RSX-1055 and I am planning to buy an amplifier (Audio Source AMP100) to power outdoor speakers. I was reading the RSX-1055 manual about zone 2 operation and it confused me a bit. I am looking for some clarification from the experts here. On page 25 in the manual it says:

"Any source component connected to the RSX-1055's inputs can be sent to Zone 2's outputs."

And on page 26 under Zone 2 Audio Output section:

"These line-level RCA outputs send the Zone 2 audio signals to a stereo amplifier driving a pair of speakers in the remote zone.
    NOTE: Only analog input signals are available at the Zone 2 outputs. Source components connected to only the digital inputs are not available in Zone 2."

The two statements seem to contradict each other. I have a Squeezebox connected to the RSX-1055 to the coax digital input and I need to be able to send that signal to the Zone 2 amplifier. As per the note above, it sounds like I won't be able to do this? But the statement in quotes indicates that any source components connected to 1055 is available in Zone 2.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Srinath
    Rotel RSX-1055 Rotel RDV-1060 Tannoy Saturn S8
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

You do need to send analog into the RSX-1055 to get audio in the second zone. There are no digital to analog convertors on the second zone output (or tape outputs). The first statement is correct in that all sources are available for the second zone, the manual just clarifies it by telling you you have to have an analog connection to make them work. I have seen receivers that do not let you listen to all of the available sources in the second zone.

Eric

Comment

• srinathalapati
      • Jan 2006

Thanks, Eric. Good thing the Squeezebox has analog out as well.
      Rotel RSX-1055 Rotel RDV-1060 Tannoy Saturn S8

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"