X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwallace
    • Oct 2003

rr-969 questions

Hi,

I finally got my 1066 back from rotel. They did the full upgrade free since I got the unit demo and it had very old firmware. I must say I am impressed with the sound coupled with a 985 series one amp.

However, I have one problem. It strike me as strange that the remote doesn't switch input when you choose a new component. Choose CD and the remote controls the CD but doesn't change input to CD. I set up some macros but flipping the cover down to hit the macro button blows.

I just bought the radio-shack 15-2116 to get around this. But I think I'll have to do some JP1 programming to get the rotel to work. That is unless someone knows a special code to get the 15-2116 to control to 1066.

Does anyone have a clue how to get the rr-969 to behave the way I want or am I just out of luck.

Noah
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

Noah,

I had the same problem until I realised you need to slide down the cover and press the required input button to adjust which input you use. I'm not at home but I am pretty sure it is the first row (maybe two rows) of buttons that you need to use to change input.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

• BleakShore
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by nwallace

However, I have one problem. It strike me as strange that the remote doesn't switch input when you choose a new component. Choose CD and the remote controls the CD but doesn't change input to CD. I set up some macros but flipping the cover down to hit the macro button blows. ...

Noah
      Near the top of the remote are two rows of device / input selectors.

If you just press a button briefly, it just switches the remote to control the selected device. So, if you press "tuner", briefly, it does not change the signal source and play the tuner; rather, the remote now performs tuner related controls.

However, pressing and holding it down for a few seconds will change the siganl source of the 1066. So press and hold "tuner" button for a few sec will play the tuner. The remote is still controling the original device (most likely the 1066 itself).

Regards,

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Right press and hold the button and it'll swich inputs

Comment

• Eiffel
          • Aug 2003

I just posted a RDF file to control a RSX-1055 with a Radioshack RS 15-2116 remote. The file can be found on the JP1 yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Audio/

This should also work with many other Rotel units (older and newer). The device code is 1055 (RCVR category). It should also be easy to adapt it to any other JP1 compatible remote

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
            Right press and hold the button and it'll swich inputs
            Alas, only the 1050 remote has this feature.. You're stuck sliding the cover, or getting another 969 and re-learning the codes to the number buttons up top..

Kevin D.

Comment

• nwallace
              • Oct 2003

Hi all,

Thanks for the file upload. It took a little tweaking but the 2116 works exactly as I want it to. All the punch throughs and everything. I highly recommend the remote if you want to do a little JP1 programming. I believe that since rotel has put al the pront files on the web site with a coupe of hours of looking at examples one can create upgrade devices for any piece of rotel gear with a pronto file.

Noah

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"