X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

RMB-1077 now on Rotel's website

Yes, it's true. Maybe all this chatter gave them a little nudge.

Looks like damping factor is better than 1075 but S/N ratio is not....for whatever that is worth. Regardless of the specs, I'm still looking forward to the first reviews.
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Yes, I saw it too!! Great, anybody has any idea how it compares with RMB-1075? Looking SOOOO forward to the first reviews too!!!

Comment

• lvhung
      • Jun 2005

Checked and found out it is quite light 8 kg
      Damping fator 400 good
      comsumption 400W !!??
      seem not ideal with heavy load of 4 ohms

Comment

• dermie999
        • Jul 2004

Compared to the RMB 1095 with 1200W power consumption (7 * 200W per channel) or the RMB 1075 with 800W power consumption (7 * 120W per channel) the 400W power consumption (7 * 100W per channel) of the RMB 1077 seems very good indeed.

Just looks like a real good deal (well maybe a good deal once the price is known).

Trevor

Comment

• Kobus
          • Aug 2005

oops,
          The european/global site referto the 1077 as a dvd player on the home page under new products. rush-rush

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dermie999
            Just looks like a real good deal (well maybe a good deal once the price is known).
            Trevor
            I have hear its msrp price is USD 2500. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by lvhung
              Checked and found out it is quite light 8 kg
              Damping fator 400 good
              comsumption 400W !!??
              seem not ideal with heavy load of 4 ohms
              No sir!

This design is stable below 4 ohms, in fact I personally saw a 1077 drive a speaker known for dropping below 3 ohms with no problem and at insane volumes.

The design is literally not effected by low resistance, the lower the better, seven 4 ohm speakers would be fine on this amplifier.

Comment

• mitch57
                • Nov 2004

I'm waiting for Jerry to pipe in and let us know how he likes the new 1077. So... What's the deal Jerry? Did you get yours yet? How do you like it? Give us some feedback.

We always value your reviews and opinions on equipment. ;x(
                Mitch
                :stupidpc:

Comment

• chrispy35
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by dermie999
                  Compared to the RMB 1095 with 1200W power consumption (7 * 200W per channel) or the RMB 1075 with 800W power consumption (7 * 120W per channel) the 400W power consumption (7 * 100W per channel) of the RMB 1077 seems very good indeed.

Trevor
                  400 W in --> 700 W out? Hmmmm...is Rotel now playing with their numbers or is the amp incapable of driving all channels at rated output/distortion levels simultaneously?

Comment

• DrJRapp
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mitch57
                    I'm waiting for Jerry to pipe in and let us know how he likes the new 1077. So... What's the deal Jerry? Did you get yours yet? How do you like it? Give us some feedback.

We always value your reviews and opinions on equipment. ;x(
                    Thank you for your vote of confidence Mitch.

My dealer told me this morning that as of yesterday Rotel started to accept orders for silver units and my order was the first to be faxed in. Should be soon. Usually it's 5 to 8 days from when my dealer sends in the order. That may vary with this introduction.

I honestly am on pins and needles myself. This past weekend I did a lot of reading about the Icepower technology behind the 1077. The unit could be a real winner from what I can see.

As far as power consumption goes, since the power supply works differently than a transformer and capacitor amp, I'm not sure that any comparisons are appropo based on just numbers. Perhaps the 1077 isn't capable of delivering 100 wpc x 7 continuously? Does that spec really mean anything in the digital amp world? Let's suppose that the 1077 can hypothetically deliver 265 watts peak on all channels for 20ms (the duration of music peaks) vs the 1075s 200 watt peak and can repeat that over and over where a transformer and capacitor amp can't. (it needs recovery time) In the real world of music and cinema, which then is the more powerful amp?

I know this subject opens a lot of room for debate, and many interesting threads will follow here at Club Rotel. There is one thing I am sure of, this amp is no slouch. Why can I say that with such confidence without even hearing it? Easy,... in it's entire history Rotel has never produced a pig in the polk, and I don't suspect they are about to start now.
                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• DrJRapp
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Apr 2003

PS for those of you wanting black it will be a few more weeks.
                      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• bigburner
                        Super Senior Member
                        • May 2005

Unbelieveably after all the fuss Rotel have mistakenly described the RMB-1077 on their Global web site as 200 watts x 5 into 8 ohms.

When you "click for more detail" the specs change to 100 watts x 7.

Their North American web site is correct.

Comment

• jim777
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigburner
                          Unbelieveably after all the fuss Rotel have mistakenly described the RMB-1077 on their Global web site as 200 watts x 5 into 8 ohms.

When you "click for more detail" the specs change to 100 watts x 7.

Their North American web site is correct.
                          Copy-paste from the amp below it :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"