Im not sure what Rotel Amplifiers I need... ideas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewbert
    • Aug 2005

Im not sure what Rotel Amplifiers I need... ideas?

I am wanting to run 5 channels only for now. My stuff is in a smaller room and I dont need 7... so what are some good ideas?
    The 1095 is nice, but the price isnt.
    The 1080 is great, but its just two channel...
    The 1075, plus the 1050.. and add the 1050 for the fronts? Seems like the cheapest way to get power.....

Im lost, any ideas?
    Last edited by Drewbert; 20 August 2005, 21:37 Saturday.
    -Drew
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Drewbert,

You need to let people know what speakers you have, since amplifiers are very speaker dependent. For example high quality speakers can often be hard to drive and demand better amplification.

Geoff

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

If you only have 5 channels, why do you want to add the lesser 1050 to the very capable 1075? Are you bi amping?

Comment

• Drewbert
        • Aug 2005

As of now I have Klipsch speakers.... but arent we always upgrading?
        (F3s C3s... and some polk rears id rather not mention)
        B&W are down the road.....
        Im building my set up so sue me

I was thinking of bi amping yes..... I just want lots of power.... more power makes things way more efficient.
        -Drew

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

The RB-1080 and the 1075 combination, that would be my vote. Klipsch speakers are pretty efficient if memory serves me correctly.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Drewbert
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Azeke
            The RB-1080 and the 1075 combination, that would be my vote. Klipsch speakers are pretty efficient if memory serves me correctly.

Hope this helps,

Azeke
            Lol thats a lot of power...... and out of price rance right now.... :cry:
            -Drew

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'd go with the 1075 for now and then if you still feel the need for more power add the 1080 when you can afford it. Its the same price as the 1095 but gives you more options channel wise and with Klipsch you won't need globs of power.

Comment

• Drewbert
                • Aug 2005

I see..... I still cant make up my mind....
                Thanks for the help though
                -Drew

Comment

• soundhound
                  • Mar 2004

As mentioned above, the RMB-1075 would fit you're bill nicely. It is a reliable, all around hard to beat 5 channel amp. I have driven numerous Klipsch Synergy, as well as currently driving Klipsch Rference series with mine. It has been, and will remain in my stand longer than any other piece I own. Just $.02 more for the opinion bank..............

Comment

• dvdchance
                    • Oct 2004

I couldn't agree more about the 1075.

Rock solid n great sounding. Don't think u could go wrong with 1.

Comment

• Drewbert
                      • Aug 2005

As far as looking to the future.... will 125 be enough power?
                      -Drew

Comment

• gd
                        • Jan 2003

Depends what's in your future.

Are you inclined to upgrade or try different speakers?... if so, spend the extra money now for a bigger power amp which will always be in place, and able to handle most any load... that will be one component you'll never need to replace if you get a substantial one to begin with... it's also the one component you can feel good about buying used.

If you do experiment with other speakers, you'll probably find that most are less efficient than Klipsch and require substantially more current / power... if you plan to stick with your Klipsch's, the 1075 will be plenty.
                        greg (gd to you)
                        Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                        production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Drewbert
                          As far as looking to the future.... will 125 be enough power?
                          Drewbert, every time anyone has suggested a more powerful amp - you comment that you can't afford it and they have covered the full Rotel Range except for the even more expensive RB-1090 and RMB-1077... Bottom line - the RMB-1075 is a fine amp, impossible to beat at the price, and will drive a 5 channel Klipch system very well. If at some stage you move away from high efficiency speakers to something harder to drive, then the 1075 will be useable for duties such as rear channels or has historically maintained a great resale...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"