X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan Heath
    • Feb 2003

RSP-1098 What did you pay?

I haven't posted here in awhile. Not since I bought my RSX-1055 and RB-1080. Lately I've been looking at the RSP-1098. I'm curious to find out what other people have paid. I have a pretty good relationship with the local dealer. But since the item is so new maybe I shouldn't expect to get any breaks. What are some of the experiences you've had??

Thanks
    Dan
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It seems most people tend to get anywhere from 5 to 15 percent off list with some doing even better then that...I think the majority though fall into the 10 percent off range. This is a pretty popular and new item though so that may effect your dealers willingness to haggle on price.

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

10% off of the MSRP

-Skip

Comment

• DSGCobra
        • Feb 2003

If msrp is 3k then alittle more than 20%.

Comment

• gd
          • Jan 2003

Depends on the dealer... more than a few places don't discount Rotel at all... the two I know of in San Francisco don't... although one of them hints that they might if my total expenditure grew to the $5k point.

Your best bet is to identify all possible Rotel dealers in the Phoenix area, ask them directly and/or get feedback from friends... possibly you can work one against the other.

I'd like to think that there's a 10% 'gimme' in there for most buyers... Rotel is priced well, but it still ain't cheap!
          greg (gd to you)
          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• zpanky
            • Mar 2003

There is definately room to move off MSRP. I have a very good relationship with an authorized dealer. I have either bought or sent business his way over the years. I get usually get an automatic 20% discount off anything I buy (including Rotel) and sometimes more depending on the brand of the product. (Paradigm probably 25%).

As I've said before, deal with a senior salesperson, or the owner, if possible.

Even if you didn't get any discount, I think Rotel is a fantastic bargain. I've been auditioning a number of different receivers over the past year, and in terms of sound quality, there is just nothing in the same price range wich touches the Rotel RSX1055. And I mean NOTHING!!! IMHO!!!Fortunately, I can say this in a Rotel forum.

Comment

• Dan Heath
              • Feb 2003

Thanks everyone for your input! I will post again when I purchase the 1098.

Dan

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"