X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glen1
    • Feb 2004

Quick1098 firmware question

Hi Guys,
    Just bought a 1098 and pick it up in a couple of days from Rotel dealer. I've been doing some reading on firmware upgrades etc and seen that there's 4 different versions?
    Do all of the updates offer the same upgrades and does it matter which version (1, 2, 3 or 4) my new 1098 has?
    Upgrade looks a bit complicated, it it really that bad?

Glen
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

No it doesn't matter as each each version has all the features of the others. Just make sure you have the current release in which ever line yours has and you'll be good to go. The changes have been in order to reflect changes in hardware as parts became unavailable.

Comment

• Marlboroman
      • Aug 2005

Just make sure that you know what you are doing before you start. You need to figure out which software you 1098 has on it now and then go from there. The version 3 software must use version 3 software only. Check the Note above the software links on the Rotel page http://rotel.com/support/techups/techup-H20.htm it should tell you what you need to know. The version 1.1.8 software is pointless because you might as well do the Flash and install 2.1.8 if you have a unit that old. You either need to put 2.1.8 on or 3.1.5 if you unit has version 3 software on it already.

Hope that helps some.

SM

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Hi Marlboroman,

I see from your profile that you run Rotel and B&W gear. What exactly?

Comment

• Marlboroman
          • Aug 2005

I have the RSX-1056 receiver, RDV-1050 DVD player and a RLC-900 line conditioner for Rotel gear. I have 5 B&W M1 speakers plus an ASW-300 subwoofer for B&W gear. Not super high end but it sounds darn good for a cheap system.

SM

Comment

• Fishy
            • Jul 2004

If your getting it from a dealer, give them a call and ask them to make sure it's running the current firmware.

Fish

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"