X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glen1
    • Feb 2004

Took the Rotel plunge

Well I went and took the big plunge today. I was looking at 1066,1068 and 1055 in various combinations. I rang a friendly Rotel dealer today for some pricing and was offered all sorts of great deals including a 1068 for $1700 AUS but also a 1098 for $2300 which I grabbed. Power amp was next. I was offered a 1095 for a good price which I initially accepted but after a couple of hours I came to my senses and realised that I didn't need all that power in a room 14' square so I down graded to a 1075 at half the price. Pick these up on Friday so I'm really looking forward to it. Shame I have a renovation starting in two weeks which requires a complete pack up of everything.
    BTW one Rotel dealer would only give RRP prices oever the phone so he missed out!
    Thanks again for your help and I'm sure I'll be a regular contributor to this great forum.

Glen
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

Glen,

I will PM you, but wouldn't mind knowing which dealer...

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Congratulations Glen and welcome to Club Rotel and the Forum.

You have chosen your equipment wisely 8) .

I know you are very excited about your new toys, enjoy.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Joey_V
        • Jul 2005

Welcome to the club! From one newbie to another!
        Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
        Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
        System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• will1066
          • Aug 2003

Good on ya!

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Congratulations :T
            You'll love that 1098, 1075 combination and in a 14x14 room you have plenty of power, even with less efficient speakers.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• H.Donald
              • Aug 2004

You will enjoy the ride,here on the Good Ship LollyPop....

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Glen, I see from an earlier post that you've got a pair of Aussie speakers. What are they? Not Rogers by any chance?

Comment

• Glen1
                  • Feb 2004

I did have Osborn (of Australia) speakers using Focal drivers but now using Epos M22 mains and M8 centre.

Comment

• farbs
                    • Jun 2004

WElcome to the club.
                    By the way where did you get these great deals from if you don't mind me saking.

Comment

• detrhee
                      • Aug 2005

excellent choice there, I also have a small room (4*4) was thinking of getting a 1068 and 1075 but the tax man didn't give me enough doll, so it has to be postponed.

congrats on the plunge. post some pics when u done renovating.

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
                        • Jun 2005

Welcome to the club. I know you will enjoy the products you have.

Mark

Comment

• Glen1
                          • Feb 2004

Well I ended up getting the 1098 and 1075 home last night and all wired up. Unfortunately is was quite late so no serious listening. Had a quick listen to Terminator 3 and quite simply was amazed at surround steering and power.
                          Had a listen to Keb Mo' cd on low volume and noticed to end was a little lacking. Left it on overnight and seems to have come to life a little this morning so all is well. I did come from a AUS$6000 Primare SPA20 which is basically a 2ch with a ht amp built around it. The Primare was always good with 2 ch but now that I have heard 1098 the Primare seems to be poor in HT. With a little more running in I'm sure my new gear will come close to if not rival Primare in 2ch.

Glen

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"