X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Thanks to Rotel for great customer service in fixing my 1095's Hum

I would like everyone to know that Rotel offered me topnotch service both via e-mail as well as at the service center when I finally decided to persue the fixing of my Rotel RMB-1095 for a hum/buzz problem I was having. I had the problem since the day I got the amp but was able to stop it by what I assume was grounding my setup using a piece of tv coax cable from my receivers FM tunner hookup to my Monster Powercenter. It turned out that some input resistors on my amp had to be replaced and now the hum is gone. No need to use the coax cable. A special thanks to Andrew Pratt :T for putting my in touch with Mike at Rotel.

ht_addict :T :T
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Ht_Adict,

Thanks for the info.

Did Rotel change the Resistors for you at the dealers etc?

This sounds like they did the grounding scheme upgrade for you OR they are addressing a bunch of faulty resistors? Did Rotel let you know which?

Geoff

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Glad to hear it worked out for the best :T If you have any more details on what Geoff asked, enquiring minds would love to know

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

I'm off on Wednesday so I'll be contacting my dealer to have them find out exactly what was done. An email form Rotel just says that some of the input resistors were replaced and that was the cause of the hum. I'll get my dealer to have the service center send of the results of the work order so I can get details on everything that was done. I'm just glad my 1095(All black) is quiet.

ht_addict

Comment

• LEVESQUE
          • Oct 2002

I'm really happy for you.

I was tired of arguing for more then 1 year with Rotel, so I sold my humming 1095 to buy an Anthem Statement P5.

Best move I have ever made. The sound is better, and it's NOT humming at all in the same conditions, with exactly the same connections and wiring.

I'm really happy for you, and I mean it. It's really tough to be ignored by a company when you spend all that money to buy equipment from them, and beeing told it's a "ground-loop" when they know pretty well it's not...

So we now finally know we were right. I'm still saying that Rotel should stop playing hide-and-seek about that problem and go public on their site.
          To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• dbart
            • Jan 2003

I agree that Rotel should publish the fix you got, and how to test for it.

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

Still haven't heard back from my dealer with the exact details of work done on the amp. All I know so far is what Rotel e-mailed me. One thing I did notice when trouble shooting my amp, is if I one RCA connection from my pre/pro to amp I get a hum. If I touch the other RCA connections with my fingers I can alter the hums intensity. Maybe this is an indication of the faulty input resistors.

ht_addict

Comment

• aarsoe
                • May 2004

Can you describe the hum a bit more in details..
                I have the 1095 and I have a slight hiss in the speakers - but only when I put my ears close to the tweeter - and I have been able to get rid of most of it by changing the power chords - however if there is a better fix for it, then I really would like to know..

Comment

• ht_addict
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by aarsoe
                  Can you describe the hum a bit more in details..
                  I have the 1095 and I have a slight hiss in the speakers - but only when I put my ears close to the tweeter - and I have been able to get rid of most of it by changing the power chords - however if there is a better fix for it, then I really would like to know..
                  What you have is called floor noise. Its normal for amps as well as receivers. I wouldn't worry about it unless you listen with your ears at the tweeters. The hum I used to get was so loud you could hear it on the otherside of the room. ABout all you could try in your setup is a PowerLine conditioner or some noise sniffers.

ht_addict

Comment

• ht_addict
                    • Dec 2002

So the final word from the service center was that 5 input resistors had to be replaced. I would suggest anyone else having a humming problem should take their amp in and have it checkout out at a service center.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"