Connecting Denon dvd2200 to my Rotel RSX1056?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Connecting Denon dvd2200 to my Rotel RSX1056?

I got the dvd2200 today and will be installing it tonite after work.I would like to see if anyone could give me some pointers in proper setup and use.It will be connected to a rotel rsx1056.I had also read somewhere that the digital output should be turned off for dvda/sacd i hope i'm mistaken or this could be a hassle.I would really appreciate the help especially from those who have the rsx1056 and dvd2200.thanks
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Not sure what you mean. There shouldn't be a need to turn off the digital output. The Denon would be sending out analog (via 6 RCAs) and digital (via dig coax or optical) to the receiver simultaneously. The digital signal would be processed or downmixed. You need to use the multi input on the receiver for DVD-A and SACD.

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for the reply.Actually i read turning off the digital output in the manual,maybe i read it wrong.Any how i was looking for advice on the best or proper setup within the player ie bass mgt.Should the speakers be set to small/large,sub yes or no and filter on or off.I'm a little confused as to what the proper configuration should be.I read the manual somewhat and got a little confused(maybe alot).I wasn't able to install last nite,got off too late hoping i can between tonite and tomorrow.Would appreciate the heads up.I dont have any calibration disc just spl meter.

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

The bass mgmt settings in the Denon are for the analog output only. In the player, if you turn the filter off, you esentially turn off all the bass mgmt facilities, and the player just sends out an unprocessed six-channel output to the 1056, which will basically do nothing to the signal but pass it onto its internal amps via the multi input. There's no bass mgmt for the multi input in the Rotel except level gain for the .1 channel. I rarely listen to surround DVD-A and SACD these days, so I've turned the filter off in my 2900. The advantage, for me, is a noticeably cleaner signal in DVD-A and SACD stereo. If you plan on listening to surround DVD-A and SACD, then you probably want bass mgmt.

So, as far as the speaker settings in the Denon, you should probably just replicate the speaker settings you have in your 1056. You're likely using the 1056 for decoding DD and DTS, etc. So, remember that the speaker settings in the Denon don't apply when you're watching a movie. It's just sending the digital signal to the Rotel, which does the surround decoding and your bass mgmt.

For DVD-A and SACD calibration, since you don't have a calibration disc yet, select the multi input on the 1056 and use the test tone generator in the Denon and do what you did when you calibrated the 1056.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• rick c
          • Aug 2004

Thanks,you've been a great help.I know what i need to do now.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"