X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phillipk
    • Aug 2004

slimdevices squeezebox and rsx1056's DAC

I'm curious about the quality and type of DAC used in the rsx1056. I plan to run my squeezebox's digital out into either the 1056 or rsp-1068. (Squeezebox plays digital files streamed from my computer's hard drive in the other room... MP3s but also lossless FLAC files--it's pretty sweet and, supposedly, as good as any high end CD transport).

Is there a difference between the DAC in the different surround receivers and pre/pros? Would a separate <$500 US DAC be better? Do the Rotel's just use their DSP to handle the digital to analog anyway? The MAIN reason I'm buying the surround device instead of just a pre amp/amp is for the DAC.

Thanks!

(First post here; great forum... I'll be sure to post some pix to that other thread when I get my new equipment all set up).
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"