X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whizzywooh
    • Jul 2005

New here and totally confused on connections 1078,1075,1070

Hello all (new here)

Some advice on connecting my Rotel stuff as I have got confused.

I have a Rotel 1098
    Rotel RMB 1075
    Rotel RB 1070

For now I only wish to run a 5.1 set up (later 7.1, but that does not confuse me)

If I just use the 1075 it seems straight forward.

However from reading lots here it would appear the 1070 would be better for 2 channel driving my fronts?

If I want to utilise the 1070/1075 for 5.1 what is the best connection scenario?

Bi-amping etc is my real confusion.

I have all KEF speakers and Kef told me my 200C centre benefits greatly from bi-amping?

Can I do this?
    Would it be better to bi-amp the fronts?

Not even sure If what I am asking is possible/safe

If it is, I am confused what will be in the display for which speakers are playing? Can that be configured to show the bi-amped speaker or speakers as one?

Help needed as you can see ops:

Thank you in advance

whizzywooh
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

I'd let the RB-1070 power the fronts and bi-amp the centre channel with the two main channels of your RMB-1075. Now if I'm correct you do not even need to split the centre-signal comming out of your 1098 (using a Y-cable), since the 1098 has two centre channel pre outs...

ps: your display won't be confusing and will show everything correct as the 1098 has nothing to do with the way you handle the signals after they've come out of the pre-outs. The pre/pro doesn't 'know' (or care ) you're biamping...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

whizzywooh, why not just keep things simple and forget bi-amping. If 7.1 is your goal, you already have the right equipment. Why not use the 1070 for the L/R fronts, and the 1075 for the center and L/R rears. The two remaining 1075 channels can be used for rear surround 1 & 2 when you're ready to go 7.1.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• thyname
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mjb
        whizzywooh, why not just keep things simple and forget bi-amping. If 7.1 is your goal, you already have the right equipment. Why not use the 1070 for the L/R fronts, and the 1075 for the center and L/R rears. The two remaining 1075 channels can be used for rear surround 1 & 2 when you're ready to go 7.1.
        Yes, but, while he is waiting to go to 7.1, why can't he bi-amp, of course if he can. He can always switch to 7.1 in the future, after purchasing a new pair of speakers.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"