X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PDP
    • Jan 2006

Rotel Separates v. Lexicon Receiver??

I stopped in at my local dealer over the weekend fully intending to buy a Rotel 1098/1095 combination.

I was offered a deal on the Lexicon RV-8 for slightly more than I would need to pay for the Rotels (a substantial deal on the Lexicon). The dealer is recommending the Lexicon as superior for both 2 channel and home theater. I am conflicted - I never imagined buying a receiver at this price point, and think the Rotel separates are wonderful (it's what I went there to buy).

What would you do? I am running B&W 805S, HTM3S across the front, if it matters.

Thanks for any guidance - I am torn.
  • sprout
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by PDP
    I stopped in at my local dealer over the weekend fully intending to buy a Rotel 1098/1095 combination.

I was offered a deal on the Lexicon RV-8 for slightly more than I would need to pay for the Rotels (a substantial deal on the Lexicon). The dealer is recommending the Lexicon as superior for both 2 channel and home theater. I am conflicted - I never imagined buying a receiver at this price point, and think the Rotel separates are wonderful (it's what I went there to buy).

What would you do? I am running B&W 805S, HTM3S across the front, if it matters.

Thanks for any guidance - I am torn.
    Did you get a chance to listen to both?
    If not, and the dealer is keen for you to buy different than your intention, get him do st it all up for comparison, then buy with your ears oh, and wallet of course
    sprout

Comment

• PDP
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Sprout. The dealer has offered a 30 day in-home trial, which is obviously the only way to be sure. I will probably take him up on it, although I would like to make the best initial choice I can, both for my sanity and also so I don't stick him with a $$$ open-box receiver in return for his generosity...

Has anyone here listed to the RV-8? Is there any concensous about its (sonic) qualities as compared to the Rotels? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"