X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johanas007
    • Jul 2005

Rotel amp question

Hello all. I am a new member in need of some advise. I just purchased the following equipment: Rotel RSX-1056, B&W 703's, HTM7, CCM65's, and ASW600. I plan to upgrade the 5.1 to 7.1 adding the CWM650 for rear surrounds in the next few months. I was told by the dealer that I should use one of the 2 channel amps from Rotel for front L & R and receiver for remainder of 5.1. However, I also have 4 more zones (8 speakers) around the house which need power. Can't I run the extra surrounds and home speakers off the same amp? I would like to stay with Rotel but I am open to other suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    John :T
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Nope.. You can only set the 1056 to redirect the front amps to either center rears or zone2. Changing this requires a reset on the receiver and it's pretty tough to change everything back.

With the 703's you will probably want to look at getting the RB-1080 for the fronts, use the 1056 for the other 5 speakers.. For multiroom you don't really need to go with Rotel, but It can't hurt.. You could use the RMB1048 (40w x 8 ) or a RB1050 (70w x 2) / RB1070 (130w x 2) with a speaker switcher.

If you fine you are happy with the 1056 on the 703's, you could just get a RMB1066 (60w x 6). Use two channels on the center rears and bridge the other 4 channels together (130w x 2) for the multiroom.

Kevin D.
    Last edited by Kevin D; 16 July 2005, 15:10 Saturday.

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

A question guys (pardon changing the subject a little): Is there a huge change in the quality of 2 ch sound going from RSX-1056 and RB-1080 in zone 2 to RSP-1068/RB-1080 combo?

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

The only difference in you're question thyname is the pre sections of both. I felt the 1068 gets a little more dynamic at a lower volume than the 1056 does, which is why I chose that route. I would say not "huge", but enough to send many people in that direction.

Comment

• NewBuyer
          • Feb 2005

soundhound, why did you not choose the 1098? Did you get a chance to compare the 1068 and 1098, and if so, what were your conclusions please?

Comment

• soundhound
            • Mar 2004

Newbuyer, I didn't care for the look of the 1098 compared to the 1068, the extra $ obviously, and most important was the 1068 was everything I had hoped for sonically in a 80% music, 20% movie enviroment.
            P.S. I see you're posting in different threads looking for "The" proverbial answer newbuyer. The best advice is go listen for you're self, and if that isn't possible be true to you're self with what you purchase based on what you believe, as that way there will be no, woulda, coulda, shoulda's down the road. Bob

Comment

• Johanas007
              • Jul 2005

Thanks Kevin for the feedback. I will look into your suggestions and see what is viable. The 1080 for the fronts may be the solution for now and purchase another amp down the road. Thyname, not sure why you didn't just post a new thread, it negates the whole point. Just my opinion but no hard feelings.
              John :T

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

Oops, Sorry John, it's easy to get side tracked.

Comment

• thyname
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Johanas007
                  Thanks Kevin for the feedback. I will look into your suggestions and see what is viable. The 1080 for the fronts may be the solution for now and purchase another amp down the road. Thyname, not sure why you didn't just post a new thread, it negates the whole point. Just my opinion but no hard feelings.
                  You're right, my question would be a subject of a new thread. However, I don't plan to build my HT for a year or so. For now, I have to be happy with my excellent Rotel stereo for music and my terrible Sony HTIB for HT.

These are questions that always capture my mind while I read these forum. I will definitely ask the opinion of other Rotel owners in this forum, when I am ready to pull the plug. And of course, I know I will buy Rotel for my HT.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"