RB-1080 purchase? Soooo many questions...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkR
    • Jan 2005

RB-1080 purchase? Soooo many questions...

I have my 2 main speakers biamped with an RSX-1055 and RA-980BX (running as power amp only).
    I am thinking of upgrading to an RB-1080, if I do how much of an improvement can I expect given that both setups are 200WPC.
    Also if I do this can I then use the RA-980BX to biamp my centre speaker
    by using the CB1 and CB2 preouts on the 1055 to L and R inputs on the 980BX?
    AND can I then use the redirect feature on the 1055 to biamp the rears?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You should see a pretty significant improvment in the sound quality when you move upto the 1080. Its power supplies are much stronger then the receivers and will give you better control over the bass esp. if you run your mains as large.

bi amping is possible for most speakers that have dual input cups. The easiest way to do it is to run one set of cables from the receivers speaker out and then run a set of RCA's from the pre outs to the external amp. If you want to run two external amps just buy an RCA splitter to plug into the pre out on the back of the receiver.

Comment

• newb
      • Jan 2005

Thank you Andrew, I'm going shopping today.
      Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

KEF Q90 somthing like KEF Q7?
        KEFs don't need much power because it is very sensitive and baass is very
        easy to be controled
        1080 is not necessary in your sys !

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"