X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

RSP1066 - Popping on startup ...

Most annoying is the switch on!!! I have 12v trigger going to RMB1075 but when I switch on RSP I get an awefull "pop" across all speakers. Not great... anyone know of a work around / fix?

Sometimes switching DVD to SAT etc get similar issue but not quite as bad as startup.

System pretty new (April '03) so figure I should have latest firmware.
  • jk@home
    • Oct 2003

You could try running the 12v trigger into a trigger sensing power strip, that would in turn power up the amp. That may give you just enough time delay to get rid of the pop. I am using a Niles Audio AC-3, to power up a separate dedicated circuit to my Aragon/Marantz, but there are some other strips out there, like the Panamax, which also do line filtering.

Comment

• jk@home
      • Oct 2003

You may also want to read the first Q in the FAQ section. I purchased my 1055 in June of this year, but still had to upgrade the firmware. your unit may have been sitting in a warehouse or whatever for a while before you got it.

Comment

• mazuly
        • Feb 2003

Hi,

I had a same problem until I changed the startup sequence. I was told by my dealer that on startup you should always turn on the products with signals first and then the products that get the signal. For example to watch cable TV I have a macro that start components in this sequence:

CABLE BOX -> RSP-1066 -> RMB-1075 (through 12 volts trigger) -> TV

If I do it any other way, say the 1066 first, I get a POP. The sequence for shutdown is in the opposite direction:

TV -> RSP-1066 -> RMB-1075 -> Cable TV

Please try this and let us know if it solved your problem.

Thanks,
        Maziar

Comment

• Stevebez
          • Oct 2003

Thanks guys for all the help -- think the first step will be firmware (as soon as I have a cable constructed) and then will look at sequencing ... I think the delay is a good idea - would be usefull if you could embed a delay on the 12v trigger to the amp from the 1066 in the software. Think I would like to add this to my wish list of firmware updates (if possible).

Will let you know how I get along...

Comment

• jk@home
            • Oct 2003

Here's a link to the Panamax unit:

http://www.panamax.com/products/ProductPage_comp.asp?sName=M4300

Take in consideration that some folks feel any power line filtering going to a power amp may cause reduced bass and dynamics. What I do is have the trigger controlled Niles unit energize a power relay, which in turn controls a separate 20 amp surge protected, but unfiltered power line circuit/receptacle to my amps.

The idea of a built-in delay in the software would be great!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"