X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m.w.coater
    • Sep 2003

DTS Bug

I have just had my 1098 for about 3 weeks and have not tried to play a DTS DVD to check on the trouble you have. But I have tried to use DTS neo-6 to compair it to PL-II with everyday digital cable and HD cable and it will not work with the SPDIF (Coax) from the cable box. It will if the signel is from one of the analog channles but not from the digital ones. I have set the input default on the 1098 to Neo-6 but with any digital signal PL-II is all that comes on. Is this another DTS bug or is Neo-6 a analog format only?

Dont know if this is the correct thread for this topic but if it is a bug then I hope a software fix is coming.

Steve
    Steve
  • m.w.coater
    • Sep 2003

Wanted to get this on the same thread as the upgrade but screwed up will jut leave it here.

Steve
    Steve

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'll try that tonight and see what my 1098 does. I've only ever applied Neo to my DSS which is an analog feed.

Comment

• Tha Freak
        • Jul 2003

same here with my RSX-1055...

when a Digital channel from my cable company...only choice between: DPL-II (any of the 3 settings), Dolby 3CH Stereo, and 2CHStereo...

I cannot choose any of the ambiance mode, DTS-Neo...just the one mentionned above...

same for my DVD that are DD2.0

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
        -Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Makes sense to me. The signal coming over is Dolby Digital, whether 2.0, 1.0, or 5.1..

I'm sure Dolby has something to say about what kind of post-processing can get done.

Also the chip probably has an PLII extension that is applied directly to the incoming DD signal. To run NEO on it would require the 1098 to convert the DD signal in to normal stereo and then send it back through the decoder to apply DTS..

Don't think this one's a bug..

Kevin D.

Comment

• m.w.coater
            • Sep 2003

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to see which is better Neo or PLII. I am currently using the 1098 in a 5.1 set up so the bug with the DTS EX will not be a problem for me now. Hope to 7.1 in the next few months.

Steve
            Steve

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Steve,

I am currently running the RSP-1098 in 7.1 and to this date have not experienced any problems with decoding DTS-EX, however since my conversion to 7.1 is a recent one, I am still testing. I will provide feedback if I experience issues.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• mkoreiwo
                • Sep 2003

I have a RSX 1055 and run the optical out from my Philips DVR... On non dolby digital programming, i can change the signal processing on the RSX. When there is a Dobly digital program, the signal is processed as such, and you cannot change it... At least that is what I have observed.

I don't think it is a bug...

Mike K.
                Mike K.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Well Kris Cofn and I played with my 1098 last night and I've got an even stranger problem...mine won't play DTS at all! It always reverts to pro logic II instead of any DTS mode. I'm going to install the new firmware and see if that fixes it. I'm also getting some major static when watching my TV from my Bell DSS receiver that goes away when I select a new surround mode...only to reappear a few minutes later. I'm not sure what that is but we'll see if the new firmware addresses that.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Well as usuall the simplest answer was the right one....my dts setting in my denon 1600 reverted back to pcm when i unplugged it when the 1098 came in ops: it now detects dts and dts-es properly at least with gladiator and twister

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"