X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phrog
    • Oct 2003

New to forum and quick question

I have been a huge Rotel fan for about 5 years now and have recently expanded to now own the RMB1095 and RSP1066.... I am glad I found this forum. I do have a quick question/comment below.

My system consists of two large tower speakers, one center channel, two
    surrounds, and a sub. I would like to be able to listen to music from my CD player in 2 channel stereo mode without the subwoofer. However when I am watching a movie I want all five speakers working including the subwoofer.

Is there a way with the RSP 1066 to establish settings to automatically turn
    the subwoofer off when in 2 channel mode and then turn it on in Surround
    mode?

So far the only way I can see to do it is to go into the OSD and change the
    setting manually. Would be nice for it to change automatically.

If anybody has info on this please let me know.

Thanks,
    Phrog
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

You can do this if your 1066 operates on a recent-edition firmware. If you hold down on the mute button on the remote control, the front panel display will show the version of the firmware that your 1066 is running. For example, mine is v.2.2.6_030704. Come back and let us know which version you have. Nevertheless, give this a try: access your 1066's on-screen menu and go into the SUB LEVEL. Scroll down to STEREO and adjust the setting from 0 (default) into negative dB. It should go from 0 to -9 and then OFF if you have a newer firmware edition. If you can only go to -10, then you have an older firmware and will need to upgrade it. Let us know what you get and whether you will need to upgrade the firmware. Someone here will be glad to help you with that if need be.

Comment

• Phrog
      • Oct 2003

Will,
      Thanks for the advice. I have firmware version V2.25 030225. After I checked that, I tried your instructions above. It worked perfectly.
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"