1066 ? : Should automatically remember settings?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luszer
    • Feb 2003

1066 ? : Should automatically remember settings?

I have a 1066 that seems to not be remembering various set up info for each surround mode. I have firmware 2.2.2_020905 when hitting the mute button. Is this the lastest firmware version?

Example: When I select DD, label the fronts to small and in DTS lable fronts to large the 1066 only remembers the last setting for each mode, So DD fronts will be set to large rather than small.
    Is this a common problem, and is it related to firmware. The same holds true to test tones.

Also, I am using a Marantz DVD player also used for CD playback purposes. I have it hooked to Vid 1 using a co-ax cable.
    Question: The only way to configure a certain format is to have the source be played or atleast detect that format, DTS, 2 PCM, DD, in order to set up the OSD to my liking?

Any advice is greatly appreciated
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

2.2.5 is the latest version. I suggest updating to that one.
    On the 1066 there is only one speaker setting, there are no different speaker settings for different sources. If you want that, then I guess upgrading to the 1098 would be an idea

So actually its by design.

Comment

• luszer
      • Feb 2003

Thanks Scarp, that's sad to hear seeing I just made the purchase last week.
      I have a follow up ? Can you jump multiple firmware versions, basically is 2.2.5 the next one after 2.2.2 or do I have to do a 2.2.3 then .4 to finally end up at .5?

Regards

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Luszer,

I actually had the same question when I upgraded my 1066 from 2.22 to 2.25 these versions are accumulative, so you can upgrade directly to ver. 2.25.

Hope this helps,

Arman

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by luszer
          Thanks Scarp, that's sad to hear seeing I just made the purchase last week.
          I have a follow up ? Can you jump multiple firmware versions, basically is 2.2.5 the next one after 2.2.2 or do I have to do a 2.2.3 then .4 to finally end up at .5?

Regards
          Just upgrade to the 2.25 version, you don't need the others.

As for the settings, having a speaker large in DTS and small in DD doesn't make a lot of sense. Its not that the speaker just suddenly changes its size. The thing that I would have wanted was small fronts in multichannel use (DD/DTS/DPL2 with a sub) and large in stereo use (without using a sub). However I just put my fronts to large and that works fine.
          Actually most receivers also provide similar functionality and not many in this price range have the extended settings.

Offcourse the 1098 has those features, so I'll be using those settings

Comment

• luszer
            • Feb 2003

Scarp, a very valid point. I guess my example was not the best real world application, but I totally agree that for DTS and DD the setting are the same or should be, small all the way around with a Sub.
            However on 2 channel, I would rather have full range "Large" with No Sub the majority of the time. Maybe Small with a Sub just for a change but not too often.
            Once again, based on your earlier comments, I can not have Large for Stereo and Small for multichannel automatically saved?
            You have been a big help.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"