X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwallace
    • Oct 2003

demo 1066

Hi,

I have a chance to get a demo 1066 for $1200 with the full 5 year warantee. From what I've seen it's pretty decent price. However, it could be up to a year old. I would guess that means that it has the 10MHz component video and 1.xx firmware. If that so, how much does it costs to do the 100MHz and 2.xx firmware upgrades.

Thanks,
    Noah
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I think it's $100 plus shipping for the 100Mhz upgrade. At the same time, you could ask them to do the resistor snipping as well as upgrade your firmware to the most recent version. I wouldn't think they'd charge extra for these procedures. $1200 is a good deal, but, if you consider the extra costs incured by getting the work done, it might not be all that different than the discount some get with a brand spanking new 1066. The usual discount is about 10% from what I hear, which takes it down to $1350 right there. If it was me personally, I'd ask for either a bigger discount or for him to sell you a new one at 10% off.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"