X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickF
    • Apr 2005

RB 1080 question.

Hi all, I'm using my RB 1080 to run the front main speakers of my systen via the pre-outs on my HK 635. ('Till I get the 1095 & 1098!) I cannot find anyway to interconnect the 635 to power the 1080, so my question is...will the 1080 be hurt in anyway by just simply leaving the power on continuously for everyday use? I'm also using the a Harmony 880 remote.

I know this will not be an issue whenever the 1095 and 1098 comes along.

Thanks!
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

You could leave the amp always on, especially if it isn't in a restrained place (plenty of cool air..). You will even avoid the "thermal shock" of turning it on and off. I would not recommend to do that for years though, but it looks like a temporary solution so it's fine. Maybe someone with a 1080 will be able to reassure you even more

Comment

• Kens1
      • Mar 2005

I leave my 1080 on all the time because it seemed that using the trigger switch "could" contribute to blowing the fuses. I haven't had any issues with leaving it on all the time.

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

Does your HK635 have a AC socket to connect other low powered components. If so you could connect a 12V plug pack to this socket which in turn can trigger the Rotel RB-1080 using its 12V output.

Never connect the RB-1080 direct to the HK635 socket as it is not designed to supply large current. I guess you could always leave the RB-1080 on as many people seem to do just that but my prefernece is to use the auto on/off for easier use.
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• benny
          • Jan 2005

just leave it on all the time. it will have that "fresh out of the oven sound" anytime you play it. my rotel gear takes many hours to sound it's best if it ever gets turned off (electric storm, vacation, etc.). i've never heard anything about problems from doing this.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"