X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wca156
    • Jun 2005

RX 1052 and B&W 804S

I'm sold on the B&W 804S speakers and I'm considering buying the RX 1052 to go with them. In addition, I'm considering the RCD 1072 player. I will be using Kimber Kable 8VS speaker wire and the Kimber Kable Hero Interconnect. It was also suggested that I buy a Richard Grey 400 Power Conditioner. As this is my first high-end system in 20 years, I would like to hear other opinions.
    Bill
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Have you compared the 804S to the N804? You may want to save some money on the speakers by getting yourself a nice deal on a pair of (occasion) N804 and demo them with a better amp, as the RX-1052 may not be the best choice for a pair of 804's...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• wca156
      • Jun 2005

I actually demo'd the 804S with the N803's. (The price was comparable.) I plan to listen to mainly jazz and according to B&W the 804S was designed for this type of music and I like the sound of the new crossover. The main problem was that I was demo'ing these speakers with a Rotel amp and not the RX-1052. I am concerned about the receiver. I don't want the receiver to become a problem.
      Bill

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"