This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

I used a Dremel with a round sandpaper tool once the hole was cut.
    I really don't think it's to high the ceiling in this room is onlt 8' tall i think the picture give the illusion of a taller ceiling. If you think it's still is too high what height would you recommend? The CM6's are on spikes :P

Thanks for the input.... :B

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

Maybe your room wouldn't look as nice, but it could sound better if the surrounds were not higher than the center channel. In a perfect world, all the tweeters would be aligned at the same height (hard to do with a screen..). That way sources panned from a place to another will stay at the same "height" (the panning will then be more smooth). But for movies (with mostly "ambiance" in the rear channels) I guess that your current setup is very OK.

But let's say that we are getting off topic about your fans

Have fun anyway!

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Wooo Woooo, I agree looks really good. I agree with everyone if you bring them down to ear level...it will sound better (tweeter at ear level). In that case stands might work better for you though.

Anyways, the fans look good and I'm sure it keeps those boys cool! Is there one behind the 1098?
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
          • May 2004

I would lower them but there is not allot of room getting around the theater chairs, you'd knock youself out trying :Z it was the lesser of the two evils I could angle them down 7 degrees where they are aimed but not sure plus the CM2's weigh a bit though
          there is no fan behind the 1098 because of depth with all the cables but the back panel is cut just a bit smaller than the size of the 1098 you just can't see it.. I'll will post a picture when i get home and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks PewterTA :B

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

Thanks to you guys I have a lot better idea what to do in my new town home I'll purchase in a year (cross the fingers please). I am aiming for one with unfinished basement... you know what I mean...

Comment

• Dallasdave
              • Apr 2005

Fourth Picture:
              I jumpered the Power On Pin and a Ground pin with a wire and taped up the connector. I also have rubber boots on the 4 pin power connectors (not shown).
              PewterTA - Need soom help on this step of the instructions, can't find the right comb to jumper the power supply always on.

Comment

• Dallasdave
                • Apr 2005

Got it, jump the green and black. Works!!!!

Comment

• Kens1
                  • Mar 2005

Yeah - very nice set up Woo Woooo. Very clean.

Comment

• ajpoe
                    • Jul 2004

This is what I did if anyone wants something really simple... I got a universal adaptor like this from parts express really cheap. I took a simple cooler master 80 mm fan and installed it into the back top of my audio cabinet (blowing out) b/c it gets hot in there. I just took the red form the fan and stripped the end and stuck it inside the 2.1mm coaxial connector, stripped the black and wrapped it around the outside of the plug and used electric tape to make all the connections snug. Now I can use the switch on the AC plug to determine how fast I want it to go via the voltage selector and even turn if off if I want. Or, if you have switched outlets, you could plug it into something like that as well. I think I had to switch the polarity, but it was really simple and cheap.
                    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Stevebez
                      • Oct 2003

OK ... been stuffing around with fans in my cabinet now for too long. Found a very handy but pricy PC fan controller called Fan-O-Matic for PC use primarily, but seems can be "modified" for our purposes.

The unit is software configurable via serial cable (overkill ???) with temp sensors and so on... size is designed for a 5.25" computer bay , but electronics are perhaps an inch deep at the most - but with a bundle of wiring.

Handles 4 fans (or fan zones) with up to 12w output per zone - so you can have a couple of fans running in parallel and also has 8 temp sensors which are assignable to any of the 4 fan zones - have not quite figured out why they need 8 sensors for 4 fan zones but anyway.

Its not a pwm regulated voltage change but analogue so none of the "sticking" fan problems you get with pwm power regulation.

I finally want to get this cooling of my kit sorted once and for all ... My cabinet is now so full I can't even get my hands in!!!!

Will take time to sort out - time, wife and child permitting ... and will let you know how it pans out.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                        • May 2004

Hey Ajpoe that is basically what I did. I bought a regulated adapter and cut the end off of it and hard wired the fans all together. It is working out very well.

Thanks to everyone!!!! ;x(

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"