X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

1055 delay on die another day

I am noticing a lip synching problem on die another day dvd in dtses mode.

I was wondering what I can do to correct this? I dont understand delay enough to know If I need to change it from 1ms that it is set to by default to anything else.

Its strange because I have not noticed this problem on any other DVD's. Some cable tv shows have the same issue though but I think its the signal.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I meant this as a question, so if anyone has suggestions to fix it? or if they experience it too, id like to know.

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

No need to worry. It's not the 1055. It's the DVD. There were a lot of reports of audio synching problems. I watched a rental and personally experienced it. It's mostly at the front of the movie.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Is it just this DVD? I've never noticed it with my Die Another Day DVD...do you see/hear the delay when using an analog connection for your audio?

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

thanks for the replies!

This player only has an optical output, no coax if thats what you were asking Andrew. I dont have enough rca cables to try those.

Ill just have to live with it for now.

I got a cheaper player (rp62) so I could get the more expensive receiver. Unfortunately my budget wouldnt accomadate both. If I had to do it again, I still would. The video quality is great!

The only thing i wish, is that I could afford an external amp and a 1098. Unfortunately, I can't. So the plan is to buy an external amp in about a year and in about 4 years when I replace my receiver (have to get ROI out of it) I'll go for the 1098 equivalent then.

As for DVD, I am sticking with this one until it dies or a standard HDDVD player comes out. I expect it to die first at this rate, but Im crossing my fingers.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

No I meant connect the DVD player with a pair of analog cables and see if you still get the delay on the analog input. Also what happens when you listen to that DVD in another processing mode like PLII or DTS:Neo?

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

I just finished the movie in DDEX and had no delay. so it seems to be only on the DTS track for me.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"