X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Energeezer
    • Sep 2002

Thanks Again Andrew

I was over @ Andrews last night and I just wanted to say thanks.
    He has a beautiful HT with a dedicated room and theater seating. The room is soundtreated and considerable effort has been made on making it sound RIGHT. Of course we all know he's a Rotel guy so the equip is top notch as far as the real world goes.
    This is my second visit. On my first visit he was watching a postage stamp Sony 32" TV as his display device and it just seemed outa place in that room. Well now he"s a FP guy. Congrats Andrew. Now you have a real theater. What a difference. It just makes everything fit together.
    THERE IS NO GOING BACK NOW TO A 32 OR EVEN A RPTV.

Andrew
    When are you commin over to see my setup???

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Steve I'll see if I can get over to your place in the next week or two as i'd really like to see how the other half (CRT) live

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

I hear ya. I just finished up upgrading my HT audio. I've got the 1066 mated to 1070 and 1075 amps. Full 7.1 Axiom speaker setup, and finally a Hsu VTF-2 subwoofer. The sound blows me away! It's incredible. But I'm still watching it on a 32" JVC tv.

FP, Plasma, or LCoS is in my future. That's a BIG investment though. Ugg...

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
      All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• skipm
        • Jun 2003

Hey Andrew! Where's our invite? What are we chopped liver? I think you have 1,345 more invitations to send out.

-Skip

PS- Congrats on all the new equipment you've aquired recently and for running a great place to hang out.

Comment

• Energeezer
          • Sep 2002

Spiff
          Imo you have only 1 option for true HT.
          It must be front PJ.
          Then you must deciede between digital and CRT.

Used CRT= best bang for the buck and best picture IMO but a real PITA
          Digital= Good picture (finally) and conveince but not a real match in pik quality at the same price.
          Just my opinion.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

There's an open invitation to anyone that wants to drop on by for a demo...all you need to do is ask

Comment

• spiffnme
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by energeezer
              Spiff
              Imo you have only 1 option for true HT.
              It must be front PJ.
              Then you must deciede between digital and CRT.

Used CRT= best bang for the buck and best picture IMO but a real PITA
              Digital= Good picture (finally) and conveince but not a real match in pik quality at the same price.
              Just my opinion.
              That may be true, but I don't have a true HT room either. This all resides in the living room.

Everytime I mention getting a projector, everyone looks at me like I have two heads. I think it would be WAY cool. If I did projector it'd probably be a nice DLP...though I've heard there're LCoS projectors out there as well, no?

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
              All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• lcajiga
                • Aug 2003

Spiffnme, if you want a good projector for a nominal price, look at the Sanyo PLV-Z1. You may find it for $1,100.00 USD. The resolution is great and the picture very sharp. It has all the inputs and a good remote. I currently have it and everyone loves it. Sanyo also announced the PLV-Z2 that comes with HD LCD's. I prefer LCD over DLP since I don't like the rainbow effect on dark scenes...very annoying for me (I know some people do not notice it but I certainly do).

Regards,
                Luis

Regards,
                Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
                Regards,
                Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• epiney
                  • Sep 2003

Andrew,

Nice theater. Mine is still in drywall with first primer coat.

How hard was it to install the lincoustics and how much was it? Where did you get it?

Thanks

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Its not to hard to install. I used 3M's Super77 spray adhesive which works very well.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"