X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Andrew Pratt, stepping down as moderator of Club Rotel

Guys, he gave a lot to Rotel here, effectively starting the club. But Andrew has decided to move on, not from HTG, he'll still be around as moderator to answer questions in other areas, and who knows may still pop in to lend an assist in Club Rotel (I hope), but with a toddler and a new baby, as well as some other professional interests, it was time for him to move on from Rotel. as I understand it, he's moving on from Rotel gear as well to different gear.

So, please thank Andrew for his tireless help over the last few years here in Rotel, and wish him well as he moves to new areas of equipment use, and a new era of professional work.

So, over the course of the next few days, you'll see Andrew's name disappear from the moderator column. You'll see our mate Geoff, still here, ready to assist you in any way he can! But then soon, I hope this week, but perhaps not, you'll see someone new assigned as moderator to assist Geoff. It's nice to have someone on the US time zone, in addition to our European time zones (Aussie Geoff).

My purpose was not to steal Andrew's thunder in making his announcement that he's stepping aside, but to always keep you guys in the loop as to what's going on as best I can, and as important as Club Rotel is, you guys deserved to know what was going on.

Andrew, feel free to post your signature post here, or a new post saying your bye's, and thanks for all you did to start and lead Club Rotel over the last however long it's been. What 2 years? I'm sure the guys thank you as well, as your help was instrumental in not only building Club Rotel, but helping to build a lot of theaters and support a lot of guys in the process.

I'm going to make this as casual as I can. I'm leaving it to Andrew and Kevin as to when they take Andrew's name down and I am leaving it to Andrew to leave at his own pace, no rushing him off in the night.

Thanks,
    Doug
    HTG Owner
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Andrew,

It's been a pleasure. You've made a tireless contribution to Club Rotel since way before my time. It wouldn't be here without you. I know there are countless occassions where you have used your special Rotel contacts to solve people's problems - an I know they are all greatful...

Enjoy the next stage in your life and the gear you are planning to move to... I know it must be good for you to move on from your beloved Rotel...

PS - I'm sure you will introduce the new co-moderator to those special contacts...

PPS - "A new area of professional work" - How could you leave those poor ducks behind!!!!

Geoff

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Actually, I think I am choosing to retain communication rights with the powers to be at Rotel from hence forth, along with whatever you are already doing Geoff, but that's shop talk for me and you.

I think the ducks are just stepping webbed feet along side, but not behind.
      Doug

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

It's not April, so I guess this is for real. I just want to thank-you Andrew for your dedication to the forum, it is much appreciated. Your charisma and succint answers have helped many here, especially in Club Rotel. You will be sorely missed. Please don't be a stranger. Peace and blessings to you and your family.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Yes this time its no April Fools joke. As Lex so kindly said its been a pleasure for the last 3+ years acting as one of your Moderators in what has to be one of the top manufacture clubs anywhere online. Of course given the unbelievable staff at Rotel and the membership here its been an easy job and for that I applaud you all :T My stepping down here to move on to new aspirations wasn't something that I chose to do without a great deal of sorrow. I feel a great deal of personal pride in all that we've accomplished as a group here and I know that this Club will continue to provide the support it does for some time to come. My name may be taken off the moderator list here but fear not I'm not going anywhere and will continue to poke my head in and assist where I can.

Thanks guys without you this place wouldn't be what it is today ;x(

Comment

• gd
            • Jan 2003

Say it ain't so, Joe!... I mean Andrew.

Thanks for the colossal contribution... you've kept Rotel on my radar permanently.

So, spill it!... what new gear are you migrating to?
            greg (gd to you)
            Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
            production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Tha Freak
              • Jul 2003

was good to have you...sad to lose you...

keep up...

And the 100K question...yes...what are those new gears?

(one guess for me...Anthem Statement)
              - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Thanks for everything Andrew! And good luck with the future aspirations... and gear :T

I just hope Club Rotel will not lose some of it's luster with your stepping down. With the people we have here I think we should be OK though. Best of luck to the remaining/new mods as well :T
                Jason

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

gd, I am requesting that the focus of this thread be about Andrew, and Rotel, not about what gear he is going to use. I think that's sort of going away from the purpose of Rotel here and thus should not be a focus of this thread. Thanks for understanding.
                  Doug

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

I'll give you guys a hint on the gear.... Andrew's now a part of Next Level AV - Canadian division....
                    Jason

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                      • May 2004

Good luck to you!!!! also a big thanks for all the help you gave me and other members here on this fourm or through emails. You will be missed ;x(

Comment

• thyname
                        • Jan 2005

Thank you so much Andrew for all your help and advice in the past! Good luck with your future occupation and amusment!!

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Lex
                          gd, I have requested that the focus of this thread be about Andrew, and Rotel, not about what gear he is going to use. I think that's sort of going away from the purpose of Rotel here and thus should not be a focus of this thread. Thanks for understanding.
                          Sorry Doug, missed ya posting that... My lips are henceforth sealed on the subject

Again, CR's gonna miss ya Andrew
                          Jason

Comment

• Pilroy
                            • Oct 2003

Auf Wiedersehen Andrew :-(

Andrew,

I have been reading you since 2002 and will miss both of you, the moderator and the contributing member.
                            I am present on many french, german and english/US HT or Hifi forums and don't know even ONE of them with a quality approaching Club Rotel 's .
                            IMHO, your presence here has been a major contribution to the spirit which prevails at Club Rotel.

All the best for the future and, again: THANK YOU !

Comment

• gianni
                              • Nov 2002

Andrew,

I too wish this was just another April Fool's joke but there is no denyiny we are in the middle of August. Like all the others before me, I wish to thank you for all your contributions...there is a reason this has been such a great site and you are a huge part of that.

Best of luck to you in your new pursuits -- I'm sure someone is extremely happy to have you on board. For the rest of us, it's nice to now you'll still be participating...all is not lost.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Thanks guys.

Comment

• Mary
                                  • Jun 2003

From one of the few women who participate and truly think this is one of the best forums going.... thanks for all your valued input and good luck with your new experiences.

Comment

• Kens1
                                    • Mar 2005

I've also read a lot of stuff at different AV sites on the web, but once I found club Rotel I was hooked - Andrew was a big part of the reason I always come back to this site night after night. I always feel "at home" here.
                                    Gonna miss reading your advice.
                                    Best of luck to you and your family

Comment

• Spearmint
                                      • Sep 2004

Wow Andrew… what can I say that others haven’t already said.

Thanks for your excellent contributions to questions & problems, also your skills as a moderator. I realise that forums thrive from posts of its members, although this only happens if when they make posts they are not belittled or abused, and this is where the likes of you & Aussie Geoff do such a great job in not only assisting with any questions/problems but also taming any inflammatory situations. This is why Club Rotel is what it is today!!!

Thanks Andrew… all the best for the future.
                                      Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
                                        • Jun 2005

sorry to see you go. And good to see Oz Geoff still around, but not sure how he keeps awake with the Europeans living in Perth, do you commute? lol (in reference to the european time zones - tongue firmly in cheek)

Comment

• stantheman2
                                          • Apr 2004

Club Rotel is truly losing one of the "shining lights" in the audio/HT firmament. Andrew, you obviously knew, and more importantly, CARED about Rotel and its users. You helped me tremedously when I had a (temporary) problem with my Rotel receiver - I would not have been as satisfied with Rotel without your intervention on my behalf. We'll miss you as the moderator, but I still look forward to your observations and insights in the future. May the force always be with you!

Comment

• gd
                                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Lex
                                            gd, I am requesting that the focus of this thread be about Andrew... Thanks for understanding.
                                            It's cool.
                                            greg (gd to you)
                                            Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                                            production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Aug 2000

Thanks for everything Andrew :T :T
                                              Bing

Comment

• GregoriusM
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Oct 2000

Andrew will always be a Rotelian at heart.

Thanks for your help, Andrew, in introducing me to Rotel and my resulting acceptance into the club with the purchase of my 1056 receiver. :T

That being said, WHY DID YOU GO AND QUIT BEING THE MODERATOR AND MAJOR GEEK ROTELIAN! Boo! Boo! Boo hoo! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:W

Seriously, I wish you well in your new endeavours and I hope that Lex does keep a close relationship with Rotel, since I echo the comments of some of those people above who realize that this is the best Manufacturer's Club on the Internet, bar none.

So, Geoff and Lex, keep close with those Rotel boys. We love their sound - both from the equipment and from their voices to you on the phone!

Gregor
                                                Gregor

Comment

• Lex
                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Apr 2001

Ok Mark, maybe I missed the time zone mark, a little slack for this Ameri-mate, okee? We tend to think of the rest of the world on Euro time over here, even if, Aussies may be on a time all their own, like 30 days ahead of the rest of us, haha.
                                                  Doug

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2003

Lex,

I'm actually about 12 hours ahead of the USA time - so my day is your night before.... 8)

You guys are just getting into some serious HT Guide night time action and I'm off to work.... :evil:

That's why we are downunder... :lol:

Geoff

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2003

Guys,

For a serious clue about Andrew's new role follow this Link

Two really nice guys working together arty:
                                                      The future looks brighter already :T

Geoff

Comment

• David Meek
                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
                                                        Guys,

For a serious clue about Andrew's new role follow this Link

Two really nice guys working together arty:
                                                        The future looks brighter already :T

Geoff
                                                        Oh now THAT's interesting! What a team! :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Azeke
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2003

That's great gentlemen. I want to be like you guys when I grow up.

Congratulations,

Azeke

Comment

• thyname
                                                            • Jan 2005

Nice shot! I wish I had a job like yours guys!!

Surprising to see that Next Level Audio is going to carry AXIOM! I thought they only sell direct. Great speakers the M60ti I have!!

Comment

• GregoriusM
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Oct 2000

Hey guys. Keep it on the "Andrew leaves as moderator of the Rotel Club" theme, as Lex mentioned above or dire consequences will arise.

Viruses will infect your Rotel equipment.

Hey.... it could happen! :E
                                                              Gregor

Comment

• ds22030
                                                                • Sep 2004

Farewell Andrew....your professionalism and Rotel knowledge will be greatly missed.....

Comment

• PiDD
                                                                  • Aug 2003

I never thought this day would happen ... you bled Rotel! Those are going to be some pretty big shoes to fill!

Congrats on the new gig!

Rob

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                    • Nov 2004

Andrew, it will be sad to see you go, you have definitely done a lot for this forum in the short while I've been here....

I'm sure you will leave, but in your heart, you never really will

I know you'll come back and visit when you can and you will always be welcome here by many of your friends that post daily on this board.

Congrats on the new gig.......

Now when you hooking us up with gear (well not me, it's better to go through Jim)?
                                                                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                                                    -Dan

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2004

I gotta say, I'm a little choked-up. You will be missed Andrew. I'm certain your skills will serve Next Level Audio well. I just wish you were leaving for something better for all of us... Like... Andrew Pratt for Prime Minister! :T

Cracking!

Comment

Working...
                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                      Search Result for "|||"