X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdL
    • Apr 2005

DIY Lex2 features a visit to Thiel Audio

Greets!

There will be a gathering of speaker heads and other practitioners of the Audio Arts in Lexington, KY on Nov. 22 at the KET Studios. A visit to the manufacturing facilities of Thiel Audio will begin at 10 AM. See the original announcement and follow up comments here:

Want a second or third opinion about your speaker cabinet design or other audio related problem? Post your question or comment on the Technical Discussion Board. Hundreds of technicians, engineers, and hobbyists, nationwide read and discuss electronics related questions each week. We welcome your participation
    Ed
  • AJINFLA
    • Mar 2005

I know a couple folks here are bringing speakers, but just a reminder for anyone else who wants to attend just to listen (to actual speakers, instead of seeing people write online about them :W ), it's next weekend.

cheers,

AJ
    Manufacturer

Comment

• antivawt
      • Sep 2008

Ed,

several years ago while working at a highend shop I had the pleasure of meeting with Jim Thiel several times, as well as I toured their facility.

Many of the highend designers/owners had huge ego's, Jim Thiel is not one of those guys. He's chasing his passion like the people on this board, the difference is he does for a living. Ask him a question about speaker design and you will see that passion.

I was so impressed with their attention to detail in every aspect of their business and their commitment to excellence.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Thiel.

Kevin

Comment

• EdL
        • Apr 2005

Kevin,

This will be my second visit to Theil. I expect to enjoy this one as much as the first.

For those visiting from out of town, I'd like to provide a couple of links that may be of interest. I'm not affiliated with them. I know the difficulties we sometimes face in locating good material.

Probably Lexington's "best" source of hardwood lumber. They are open Saturday morning. ~About 10 minutes from Theil. Call to confirm species and availability. They allow browsing but don't cut the boards you purchase. A circular saw may be handy.

Hardwood Specialties
        2433 Mackinwood Dr
        Lexington, KY 40510
        (859) 226-5687

Woodcraft
        3028 Blake James Drive
        Corner of Man-O-War and Palumbo Dr.
        Lexington, KY 40509
        Phone: (859) 231-9663
        Fax: (859) 309-3663
        lexington@woodcraft.com

Whether you're a seasoned artisan or a novice enthusiast, shop Woodcraft for expert advice, unbeatable prices, superior brands, and a woodworking experience like no other. Explore our vast selection of premium wood, tools, and accessories, meticulously curated to fuel your passion for creating timeless pieces.

There is a “Gallery Hop” featuring several woodturners taking place @ 521 E. High St.
        Ed

Comment

• JohnInKY
          • Sep 2008

Thiel @ lexington trip

hey Ed...

Looks like I'll make it with the big dipoles and maybe a subwoofer to boot.
          Hopefully they'll all fit in the van.

I'm curious what you're bringing.... since your woodworking was so impressive last year.

been tweaking the xover... here's a final cut at the FFT (ARTA)

Image not available

L8tr

John L.
          Last edited by theSven; 04 July 2023, 22:47 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• AJINFLA
            • Mar 2005

Forgot to post these here: Images not available
            There were others present with cameras (and better photo skills ), but I think I've only seen Wolf's and maybe Froste (none from the Thiel tour IIRC).

cheers,

AJ
            Last edited by theSven; 04 July 2023, 22:47 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link
            Manufacturer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"