X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toolman
    • May 2005

1067: Default Surround Mode

I recently purchased my first ROTEL product: RSX-1067 receiver and I love it!
    I am presently running it with 6 speakers (+ sub) and I frequently use it for listening to music channels through my satellite receiver. I prefer the sound of "7 channel stereo" but I have been unable to make it default to this mode.
    (It will play this mode if I press the 7 channel button on the remote).

At the input menu for video 1 (SAT) the default is set at "7 channel stereo", but when I turn it on, it goes to PLIIx mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John
    John
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that you don't actually have 7 speakers. Maybe try setting the default to 5 channel stereo and see what happens.

Comment

• Toolman
      • May 2005

Andrew,

I'll try that tonight, but I just had a thought: in the manual it states that "the default setting will be used unless the source material triggers automatic decoding of a particular type..............."

Are satellite music channels broadcasting in Dolby and thus overriding my default 7 channel stereo setting? When I chose the Satellite setting, the surround mode comes up as Dolby PLIIx..........

Thanks,

John
      John

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Yes that would do it as well. To get around that use analog cables on another input and use that input when you want to use the 5-7 channel stereo.

Comment

• Toolman
          • May 2005

Thanks Andrew,

I tried the 5.1 setting and it wouldn't default to that either, so I'll take your advice and setup a second satellite input for music only, using analog connections.
          John

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"