X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howburger
    • Jul 2005

1068 Bypass mode - speaker level to subwoofer

I've got the 1068/1095 combo and I'm building a stereo pair of Dipole subs with 8 Atlas 15's. I've just recently discovered the sound quality of the bypass mode listening to CD's. Problem is, I really would like to utilize my new Dipole Subs while using bypass mode. Would it work if I used a Y splitter from the main speaker channels and run one wire to another Y splitter on my Feedback destroyer and configure one BFD setting to handle speaker level bass and cross to my main speakers, and run the other to the main speakers, then, run a line level from the sub out to the unused side of the Y splitter on the BFD and configure another BFD setting to handle line level bass? I could then change BFD settings depending on whether I'm in bypass mode or in digital mode. Obviously setting the speakers to large for bypass and small with subwoofer for digital. This would make me incredibly happy if it would work without any major drawbacks!

Thanx guys!

Harold
    Last edited by howburger; 18 December 2005, 01:38 Sunday. Reason: correction
    Because I'm the man in black.........
  • howburger
    • Jul 2005

I guess this was really a stupid question?

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

What you're are attempting to do won't work and might possibly damage equipment the way you described. You can't Y together to different outputs with out feeding back (the preamp sub output would always be feeding back into the maint outputs and vice-versa).

The best way to do it if you only had one thing you wanted to run in bypass (CD for example) is to run the stereo cables into the multi-channel front inputs and turn LFE redirect to 'on' in the input setup menu. This will give you the full bypass to your mains and a summed lowpassed 100hz signal out the standard subwoofer output.

Kevin D.

Comment

• howburger
        • Jul 2005

Thanx Kevin, what if I...?

Thanx for the reply Kevin, that's the kind of technical stuff that I am not familiar with. What if I did the Y thing but put an audio switcher between the processor and the BFD and interrupted at least one of the paths at all times, might that break the feedback path? Sorry for my insistence to exhaust all possibilities but I hate the thought of not being able to run subwoofers with the two channel bypass without eliminating the option of using the multi-channel bypass, as I also have DVDA's.

Harold

Comment

• rnoble
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by howburger
          Obviously setting the speakers to large for bypass and small with subwoofer for digital. This would make me incredibly happy if it would work without any major drawbacks!
          The speakers default to large in bypass mode anyway, as it's bypassing everything. This is a very handy 'feature' as it allows one to leave music/mpeg set to 'small' while being able to switch to 'large' just by changing to bypass mode.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"