X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Energeezer
    • Sep 2002

upgrade suggestions

Guys
    Using a 1055/1075 combo @ present but have been toying with an upgrade since I have been offered more than I paid for the 1075.
    So here is my dilema.
    I really really like my 2 channel so for sure I am gonna want more power to the fronts. I am happy with the quality of Rotel amplification so I think I'll stay with Rotel. Not to mention I always seem to be able to get a great deal on Rotel.
    Anywho
    Should I go with a 1090 or 1095?

The way I see it the 2 amps are very similar except the 1095 has 5 channel and a little less power per channel as a result.
    Option 1
    I could go with the 1095, bi-amp the fronts and use the 5th channel for the center then my 1055 internals for the remaining channels
    Option 2
    Go with the 1090 for the fronts and use the 1055 internals for the other 5 ch. This option has me concerned that I may not have enough juice from the 1055 for the center channel making it hard to balance against the 1090. I realize this is probably the best option for 2 ch but wonder how close 1095 biamping the fronts would come.
    Your opinions and suggestions will be read and carefully considered.
    Here is my setup
    Paradigm studio 60 V2 fronts (soon to upgrade to studio 100)
    Paradigm Sevo 15 sub
    Paradigm 3SE for the side and back speakers
    Arcam FMJ 23 CD
    Radeon Based HTPC for DVD
    NEC XG1352LC PJ
    Kimber hero interconnects

Steve

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Steve I'm all in favour of options so I'd lean towards the multi channel amp...are you bi amping them now with your current multi channel amp?

Comment

• Energeezer
      • Sep 2002

Andrew
      Just ord some more speak cable from the US. Then I'll biamp my 1075 before going forward.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Steve what did you order?

Comment

• Energeezer
          • Sep 2002

The 8m pair.
          I fig that since my silver cable is so good with the highs I could use the Totem silver for highs and the above for mids and bass in a Bi-amp config or even bi-wire.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
            • Oct 2002

Energeezer.

I was in your shoes 1 month ago. Was using Rotel RMB-1095 and RB-1050. Was hesitating between RB-1090 and Bryston 4BSST or keeping the RMB-1095 and upgrading the RB-1050.

Went with the Bryston 4BSST and never looked back! WOW. My Studio-100 are singing and the RMB-1095 beeing free of the burden makes the Studio-CC sing. Go with the RB-1090 for the front. The RMB-1075 will be less congested without the main to power. The surrounds and back centers are not that power hungry.

But, I think the best would be to go with both (RB-1090 for the fronts and RMB-1095 for the rest... :LOL: )...
            To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Scarp
              • Mar 2003

The 1095 is very close soundwise to the 1090. In fact if you use it in stereo mode and hook up the left front to the left front connection and the right front to the right surround connection (on the 1095), then you use one transformer for each channel and essentially have two 200watt monoblocks The other channels are not used in stereo, so no need to power those channels.
              This configuration is a good compromise between price and function. Also a good compromise between multi-channel and stereo. Offcourse in multi-channel use the 1095 would have to work harder, but your fronts are less prominent anyway. Together with a good subwoofer and a good choice of crossover for all your speakers, it will make a joy out of your home cinema experience.

I am currently using a RB1090 and a RMB1075. However just a single 1095 would have been a bit more practical, but I've grown to like the 1090 (and the other speakers don't require that much juice anyway)

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Scarp,

That's very interesting, I never thought of that, but logically it makes sense. Just a couple of questions before I beta test.

Does this provide a significant improvement when in stereo mode?

How does it affect the overall dynamics of the system HT?

Is speaker recalibration necessary?

Thanks,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"