X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raidermc
    • Sep 2003

rotel 1098 review thus far

After a final price agreement with the local dealer i finaly purchase this incredibly well built unit.
    After spending a few hours moving things around and tying everything together i fired the 1098 up. spent another couple of hours dialing it in and "wela" we were in what i consider a good starting point with the settings.
    All i could say in the first couple of hours of listening is WOW!
    the sound is virtualy transperent in all supported modes.
    this is every audiophile's dream of nirvana and i am truely blessed to experience this for the first time.
    the clearity of this preamp is remarkable, and the unit isn't broken in yet!
    It's hard to believe that it will improve much more!
    I could go on and on about this preamp but i'll refrain from being long winded.
    :dance: :hump: :hump:
    If you are considering purchasing this product DO IT you will be hapy you did!
    I will check in a short when the unit breaks in to elaborate on my findings
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

raidermc,

Get as long winded as you want. We feed on this kind of stuff. The more I hear these reviews, the more I think that Rotel came up with something special in its price point, just as I felt the 1055 and 1066 excel at their price points. Feel great that it's working out so well.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I remember when I first fired mine up and put on a CD from the jukebox...my jaw litterally hit the floor on how incredible it sounded...way more detailed then the 1055 it replaced. The other thing that really impressed me was after reading though the manual on a plane ride was that nearly every single item that we'd requested for the 1055/1066 in our firmware thread had been put into the 1098. As someone that started Club Rotel and first approached Rotel on requesting changes be made to the firmware to reflect our recomendations I was very proud to have played a part in the feature set offered in the 1098...even if only a small part.

Having lived with my 1098 for a while now there's some issues I'd like to see changed (TFT screen staying off) but by and large I am still amazed everytime I fire up my system...it really has moved to a new level now. Its been a great time for me lately since I just "finished" my HT room with the new carpet in there and the 1098 and 1075 upgrades and tomorrow my first projector will arrive (Studio Experience 1HD)...I really am a lucky SOB and likely don't deserve it but hey who am I to deny myself ;lx

Comment

• DSGCobra
        • Feb 2003

I disagree with the TFT screen all together. I still haven't figured out the point of it. About 90% of the time I have it switched off, but to do that you must hold the menu button down for like 5 seconds. I am having an issue programming that into my tsu6000. They definetly need to put in some work on the TFT screen. Sound quality has also been kind of an issue for me, the sound didn't improve as much as I think it should have from my old RSP-985. I am very satisified with the unit and the HD video switching is a really nice feature, no more switching inputs on my tv when going from regular cable to HD channels.

RSP-1098
        RMB-1095
        RDV-1080
        Energy C-9
        Energy Vertias V2.0C
        Energy C-3
        Paradigm PS-1200
        Audioquest everything.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

They definetly need to put in some work on the TFT screen
          I'm working on getting that changed...

Comment

• Sithlord10
            • Apr 2003

Well since I purchased the 1098 I haven't looked back. It simply brought new life to my HT. In regards to the issues people and even myself have brought up, I'm sure Rotel will look at them very seriously and fix most of them with further firmware updates. Anyway it gives us something to look forward to and to think it could sound even better in the future makes me proud to be a Rotel owner. Thanks go to Andrew for fighting for our cause keep up the good fight. :T

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"